Netflixx or Blockbustas?
Feb 24, 2007 at 10:16 PM Post #16 of 18
I always find it amusing when people complain about late fees at Blockbuster. I worked their for 6 looooooooooong years and while I hate the company, atleast 99% of the the people complaining about late fees had completely legitimate fees. I do agree that the fees charged and the system can be unfair at times, but late fees were almost entirely due to customers now knowing, or willfully ignoring, store policies.

Anyways, a year ago I would have said use Netflix with no hesitation, largely because Blockbuster doesnt have the balls to carry NC-17 or unrated films, plus, late fees aside, it is a terrible monolithic giant of soul sucking consumerism. However, this return the movies to the store thing blows Netflix out of the water. For one, you can always get the movie you want if you keep atleast one mail rental onhand, plus, you get twice the amount of movies, and something to watch while you wait. Its fantastic. I am on my 5th straight free trial month, I suggest you do the same.

Feb 25, 2007 at 1:45 AM Post #17 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltrane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I always find it amusing when people complain about late fees at Blockbuster. I worked their for 6 looooooooooong years and while I hate the company, atleast 99% of the the people complaining about late fees had completely legitimate fees. I do agree that the fees charged and the system can be unfair at times, but late fees were almost entirely due to customers now knowing, or willfully ignoring, store policies.

Perhaps, but unless they had a 6 hour requirement for returning movies, I don't see how we were charged late fees for returning movies the same day or the next day (edit: yeah i guess some new releases were that way
tongue.gif
); we never kept movies for long. That aside, I still maintain the incompetency of the people that work there; most of them were people that were from our school.

Feb 25, 2007 at 1:59 AM Post #18 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Digitalbath3737 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To be honest the whole point of services like that is so you don't have to go to the store for videos. So I honestly don't see the appeal of the blockbuster set up.

Exactly! I chose Netflix and the turnaround is very fast. Returning it to the store holds no appeal to me at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back