Netbook with iTunes - Advice
Nov 26, 2012 at 12:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ambchang

500+ Head-Fier
After looking around for a solutions to connecting a network enabled device to a USB DAC, I have narrowed it down to the following setup:

Netbook with iTunes --> Stoner Acoustic UD100 --> Amp --> Headphones.

I am using an external harddrive (non network) connected to a MacMini, and the idea is to stream my music to the netbook through iTunes in my MacMini.

Which netbook has the functionalities (able to run iTunes and stream music through the network) and a USB output (I am expecting all of them do), has a small foot print, and is cheap (around $300)?

Thanks.

Nov 27, 2012 at 12:46 PM Post #3 of 6
Great, thanks.  I thought chrome books can't run iTunes?

Nov 28, 2012 at 8:26 AM Post #5 of 6
Sorry, I was just thinking specs.  You would have to install an OS on a Chromebook and it'll work.  You can even install itunes under linux with WINE, you could even buy an older used laptop or netbook for it.

My point was just that about any modern pc has the power to run itunes for audio purposes. Music is easy on a modern computer. You are correct in that a stock Chromebook won't run itunes.

Nov 28, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #6 of 6
Great, thanks guys.  I guess I will go with the cheapest netbook I can find.  I don't want to go through all the configuring and stuff.  I just want a simple plug-and-play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back