Needs help moving from closed back to open back headphones
Nov 3, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #16 of 40
  Great, now i'm overwhelmed with amps lol XD

Well, the Aune T1 looks kinda cool, and for that price ($189 on Amazon), it does come to my attention. Will check some reviews on it and make up my mind after that. 

Thanks again for the help. I appreciate it :)

Yea welcome to head fi xD sorry about your wallet xD 

Nov 3, 2013 at 3:05 PM Post #17 of 40
Acually... Try the Schiit Vali! Not sure how warm the mids are but at $120... it could pair awesomely with the DT 990 AND if you hate it you could easily sell it super fast here on head fi [and most likely for 90% of what it cost u] 

Does it have RCA outputs on the back, either line out or pre-amp out? Can't seem to find any pictures of the rear of it.

Nov 3, 2013 at 3:07 PM Post #18 of 40
Does it have RCA outputs on the back, either line out or pre-amp out? Can't seem to find any pictures of the rear of it.

The vali is an Amp, so I would think you could feed a Tube Dac into it for maximum tubey mid glory... and it should have enough power for a 250 ohm dt990 

Nov 3, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #19 of 40
The vali is an Amp, so I would think you could feed a Tube Dac into it for maximum tubey mid glory... and it should have enough power for a 250 ohm dt990 

Well, I don't know about buying a separate "tube DAC." Sort of doesn't make sense to me. However, the OP is looking for a headphone amp that also has external outputs for connecting speakers. The other amps and amp/dacs I listed have that capability. Does the Vali? Some of Schitt's headphone amps do not.

Nov 3, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #22 of 40
The Vali is inexistant on amazon or ebay :S

It's a brand new product that was unveiled at an audio show. I don't think there's much product information about it on Schiit's website, either. Hybrid solid state/tube amps are not a new thing anyway. The Little Dot I+ has been popular for several years, although it does not have external outputs for speakers either (I used to own one).

Nov 3, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #24 of 40
  The Vali is inexistant on amazon or ebay :S

Yea it will be relased soon and HONESTLY... II would recommend you wait till it is released! Support American Buisness man! 

Nov 3, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #26 of 40
Yea it will be relased soon and HONESTLY... II would recommend you wait till it is released! Support American Buisness man! 

You still haven't answered my question. You are pushing a product on the OP that no one owns yet, and you haven't said whether or not it supports the features he wants. LOL

Nov 3, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #27 of 40
You still haven't answered my question. You are pushing a product on the OP that no one owns yet, and you haven't said whether or not it supports the features he wants. LOL

He wants a pre amp... *bows head* sorry I have no clue about it, either way impression of it are nice but it might not meet all of the OP needs

that said I'm just egar about the Vali... q.q forgive me for I have SINNED *cries in the shame corner* 

Nov 3, 2013 at 3:51 PM Post #28 of 40
He wants a pre amp... *bows head* sorry I have no clue about it, either way impression of it are nice but it might not meet all of the OP needs

that said I'm just egar about the Vali... q.q forgive me for I have SINNED *cries in the shame corner* 

LOL

Didn't you already own a hybrid tube amp?

Nov 3, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #29 of 40
LOL

Didn't you already own a hybrid tube amp?

I did... I hated them all, Cheap Chinesse [Indeed] and some DiY that broke after 3 months... I'm totally getting one of these soon... I want to hear it for my self and I'm hoping it will put my previous hybrids to shame! 

Nov 3, 2013 at 3:59 PM Post #30 of 40
I did... I hated them all, Cheap Chinesse [Indeed] and some DiY that broke after 3 months... I'm totally getting one of these soon... I want to hear it for my self and I'm hoping it will put my previous hybrids to shame! 

I had the Little Dot I+ with some decent tubes. It was nice, but I liked my Objective 2 better, and I got rid of it. You've got a nice Audio GD unit. I'd be surprised if the Vali is the right price/performance range for you. I heard the Bottlehead Crack OTL last spring. I wouldn't bother with inexpensive hybrid tube amps ever again. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back