Needing confirmation: Is this the Stax Lambda Pro?
Dec 4, 2005 at 3:38 PM Post #2 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tachikoma
For 50 euros, its a steal XD

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5838248119

Uh oh, problems. Seller only delivers to germany (I tend to assume that they'll deliver to other parts of europe at least)... trying to negotiate a deal with him now.

There's really no such thing as THE Lambda Pro since over 20+ years Stax made a number of different headphones with the same name.

It's impossible to tell, but if the connector on the headphone cable has 5 pins and not 6, then it's definitely a "Pro" model.

And it certainly is an older vintage Lambda model. It's older because it has the old style thin (and fragile) headband. The newer headbands look a bit different and are thicker in mosr dimensions. The oldest Lambdas didn't have any printing on the top of the leather part of the headband, so it's newer than the mid-1980's Lambda Pros.

If it works it's a great bargain, especially with a matching Stax SRM-1 Mk 2 amplifier to drive it. Even if it wasn't working I would have bought it for the headband alone - that's worth at least 50 Euros.

Dec 5, 2005 at 9:37 AM Post #3 of 15
Anyway, just in case the seller refuses to budge on his "german buyers only" stand, anyone in germany willing to receive and ship to the UK for me? :p

Weee, first time I've won anything on ebay XD

Dec 5, 2005 at 11:34 AM Post #4 of 15
The Lambda Pro-Classic (as the headband says), is a version of the Lambda made in the early '90. The series was Lambda Pro-Basic, Lambda Pro-Classic and then it comes the Classic Signature.

It's a good Lambda, if it's in good conditions.

bye
Andrea

Dec 5, 2005 at 11:41 AM Post #5 of 15
Also, posting on head-fi may not be the best way to ensure that the price stays low
tongue.gif

Dec 15, 2005 at 8:09 AM Post #7 of 15
OK, 10 days have passed since I won the item, and now this comes up AFTER I agree to ship to a german address, as requested by the seller. (thanks cosmopragma)

"Ich sehe einige Probleme in der Abwicklung dieses Kaufs und
werde den Artikel nicht an Sie versenden. ebay ist informiert,
bitte nehmen Sie Kontakt auf"

which roughly translates as, I will not ship to you and I have informed ebay. I sent him an email requesting the total amount to pay as soon as I won the auction, but he has repeatedly refused my offers to pay for the additional shipping fees to UK. When I finally meet his terms, well, this happens. Can anyone give me advice on this matter?

Dec 15, 2005 at 8:19 AM Post #8 of 15
Maybe he was expecting the price to go higher. Anyway, if you meet all the terms of the auction then it's a binding contract between you and the seller. I would Email the seller and let him know that, and also that you will leave a negative feedback and contact eBay yourself re: troublesome seller that refuses to ship as promised.

He may be able to weasel out anyway over the fine print, i.e. even though he would be shipping to someone in Germany, the actual auction winner lives elsewhere. Personally, I'd be very pissed off if I won an auction and the seller refused to ship to me.

Unfortunately, eBay seems to side with whomever would result in them getting the most money, and if the seller has to relist the item then they get an additional fee (so I suspect eBay will side with the seller).

Dec 15, 2005 at 8:30 AM Post #9 of 15
Actually, the auction ended early. I used the "buy it now" option to win it for 50 euros. I PM'ed him to ask him to resolve this without getting ebay involved; if he doesn't want to play nice I guess I won't have any choice but to go with your suggestion.

Hmmm, I've offered to pay him indirectly, thus allowing him to ship to a verified address. Lets see if he accepts my offer >.>

Dec 15, 2005 at 2:34 PM Post #10 of 15
Hmmm, I hope that whatever happens, the situation is resolved in a positive manner. Of course, getting your Lambda's out of this whole thing wouldn't hurt either
lambda.gif

580smile.gif
Abe

Dec 15, 2005 at 4:37 PM Post #11 of 15
Well the auction did say it should only go to Germany, so he's right that he doesn't have to ship it anywhere else. As a seller I usually block bidders who aren't in my shipping countries, but it looks like he didn't do that.

For that price, it might be worth taking a vacation to Germany...and yes they look like real STAX, although not the original first Lambda Pros, as previously mentioned.

Dec 15, 2005 at 4:39 PM Post #12 of 15
Well the auction did say it should only go to Germany, so he's right that he doesn't have to ship it anywhere else. As a seller I usually block bidders who aren't in my shipping countries, but it looks like he didn't do that.

For that price, it might be worth taking a vacation to Germany...and yes they look like real STAX, although not the original first Lambda Pros, as previously mentioned.

Dec 17, 2005 at 4:28 AM Post #13 of 15
Lol, maybe I should book a ticket for the world cup >_> Jahn: If he agreed to ship, the lambda would be going to a german address. ><

Since he isn't replying to any of my messages, I could just leave him negative feedback and get rid of that ebay account </ebil>
biggrin.gif

Dec 17, 2005 at 4:38 AM Post #14 of 15
FYI, there was "The" Lambda (Λ) Pro - they were first introduced in 1982. Following are the various Lambda models with the year of introduction (in Japan).

SR-Λ (1979): Normal bias, black body
SR-Λ Pro (1982): Pro bias, black body
SR-Λ Signature (1987): Pro bias, brown body
Lambda Nova Signature (1994): Pro bias, brown body, immediate predecessor of SR-404
Lambda Nova Classic (1994): Pro bias, gray body, immediate predecessor of SR-303
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=150292
Of course, the problem is that Stax occasionally used different naming method for foreign markets, which adds to the whole confusion about "Lambda Pro".

EDIT - That said, I do think these are "the" Lambda Pro/SR-Λ Pro. The only Stax Lambda series model that I'm aware of with black body, thin headband, and pro bias is "the" Lambda Pro/SR-Λ Pro. The auction also talks about SRD-7MK2, which was released in 1985 when "the" Lambda Pro was still in production.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back