Need your help! Tronsmart Apollo Bold APP is coming, what functions would you expect?

What functions would you expect for Tronsmart Apollo Bold APP?

• EQ adjustment

Votes: 40 87.0%
  • Volume control

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • Play next /Previous track

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • ANC ON/OFF/Ambient Sound mode adjustment

Votes: 32 69.6%
  • OTA upgrade

Votes: 37 80.4%
  • FM

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Find your speaker(Location)

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • Turn on/off

Votes: 18 39.1%
  • Choose to connect the devices you have connected before

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • Other functions(Please leave your idea below)

Votes: 8 17.4%

• Total voters
Oct 1, 2020 at 5:41 AM Post #91 of 159
The app does not work at all for me, I select the Apollo Bold, I have my bolds paired and it just starts "searching" only to show a sscreen asking me to "Select your Tronsmart Device in Bluetooth settings", which doesn't make any sense given that the headphones are already paired and working. I tried resetting them to factory settings and pairing them again but that did not change the outcome.

Oct 1, 2020 at 5:56 AM Post #92 of 159
The app does not work at all for me, I select the Apollo Bold, I have my bolds paired and it just starts "searching" only to show a sscreen asking me to "Select your Tronsmart Device in Bluetooth settings", which doesn't make any sense given that the headphones are already paired and working. I tried resetting them to factory settings and pairing them again but that did not change the outcome.
Same thing here.

Oct 1, 2020 at 6:03 AM Post #93 of 159
Could you please try again? If it's still not available, please download directly from this link.

I've downloaded the app from the Google Play Store and I've also tried your link.

I can see the Apollo Bolds fine in the app, just when I try to update the firmware, it says download failed.

Screenshot_20201001-190830.png

Edit: So I pulled out my old iPhone 4s, downloaded the app and set everything up. Managed to download and update the firmware.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2020 at 6:46 AM Post #94 of 159
Somehow after deleting the app and installing it again now it has recognised my apollo buds. Now it has just finished installing a firmware update (1.2.3). I'll let you guys know how it's working once I can play with it for a bit.

Oct 1, 2020 at 7:59 AM Post #95 of 159

do you have any music playing while searching for the bold? i had the same problem, but after pausing the song the app can detect the bold

Oct 1, 2020 at 8:14 AM Post #97 of 159
do you have any music playing while searching for the bold? i had the same problem, but after pausing the song the app can detect the bold

yes, the app is a little finicky when buds are connected. Sometimes has to go back and wait for them to show up. Not sure what does it that they finally show up.
Also the app requests location to be turned on, while it should work without it. (sennheiser does) Got the app working on fiio m6, little fiddly there.

Oct 1, 2020 at 9:42 AM Post #98 of 159
Nope, no music playing. They are connected with APT-X though, if that matters?

Oct 2, 2020 at 5:34 PM Post #100 of 159
Great start to the app! And good job getting it out on a deadline that you set for yourself period would you please include in a future version the ability to see or set the volume of the earpieces.

Also, do you think that you could chart the change in the battery level of each earpiece and extrapolate when they may run out of a charge?

Can you change the firmware so that a double tap of the earpiece puts it into mute or takes it out of mute and holding the earpiece for 2 to 3 seconds hangs up? I think the chance of hanging up by raising or lowering the volume is very high. I think if there was a way to mute the call by tapping twice and the phone said mute on the voice prompt it would be a very cool feature

Does the firmware have the ability to tell how loud the noise coming from the earbud is? I figured since this has feedback noise cancellation it can directly measure the loudness of the signal. This would be good for people who do not want to use or listen to their music too loudly

Thank you for a very fine product and I look forward to hearing from you

One last thing that really doesn't have to do with the app: will you plan to sell replacement ear tips online? The only thing I see that is close are from iqbuds but they are really expensive and they may not work

Oct 3, 2020 at 8:05 AM Post #101 of 159
Dear all Tronsmart fans,

Our Apollo Bold APP has released finally! Both Apple Store and Google Play Store could support the download. If you have already used our Tronsmart APP on your mobile phone, please check the upgrade guide here.

Due to time constraints, we are not available to implement everyone's opinions. We will continue to optimize the APP based on your feedback. Thank you very much for your valuable suggestions during this time. Welcome to download the APP to use with Apollo Bold and enjoy your music life. :D

Btw, we will hold Mid-Autumn Festival and National Day holidays between 10/1-10/6.
If you have any questions, welcome to leave private messages to us and we will reply to you when we come back.

Best & Regards
Tronsmart--A brand born for your needs.
Yes you have released the app, that's nice but the updating the buds is not working as it always says download failed. Please work on it.

Oct 3, 2020 at 8:18 AM Post #102 of 159
Just installed the app (android version). I hope there can be more updates in the future on the app eg aptX HD support?

But for now, the jazz preset is quite good to tame the bass in ANC/ambient mode, especially for our friends who ain't bassheads. The default EQ is still a bass cannon. The classical preset is also a tinge lighter in the bass, though I find the mids a bit overcompressed on this preset. U can also customize what the button touches do in this first version of the app.
Thanks to @regancipher for instructions here on installing the app: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/goi...e-we-there-yet.861024/page-1738#post-15892622
Works like a charm for me (Samsung Note 5, android).

Oct 4, 2020 at 3:54 AM Post #103 of 159
Yes you have released the app, that's nice but the updating the buds is not working as it always says download failed. Please work on it.

same here. have tried basically everything. I'm using Samsung S9+ , Android 10 kernel 4.9.118 , knox 3.4.1

edit: solved using an old Samsung A5 with Android 7. updated with no issue.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back