Need your help! Tronsmart Apollo Bold APP is coming, what functions would you expect?

What functions would you expect for Tronsmart Apollo Bold APP?

• EQ adjustment

Votes: 40 87.0%
  • Volume control

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • Play next /Previous track

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • ANC ON/OFF/Ambient Sound mode adjustment

Votes: 32 69.6%
  • OTA upgrade

Votes: 37 80.4%
  • FM

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Find your speaker(Location)

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • Turn on/off

Votes: 18 39.1%
  • Choose to connect the devices you have connected before

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • Other functions(Please leave your idea below)

Votes: 8 17.4%

• Total voters
Sep 30, 2020 at 9:51 AM Post #77 of 159
There is no option to turn off each earbud instead of put them into the box
No option for peq
No volume control nor any other control about playback or skip track

The device its a very very very great unit, sounds very great, the ANC makes a very good job and in general, good gadget. But the software needs to be polished too much... I know that its the first version but i dont believe that they dont have enough resources to make it happen. In any case, lets see whats going on in the next versions...

Sep 30, 2020 at 10:56 AM Post #78 of 159
Thanks for the test app. It's just the apk that will be released tomorrow I presume?

Anyway it works flawlessly. Finally disabled the single tap for vol change which is far too easily activated. No manual EQ adjustment is disappointing but can always be added later, will have to live with his overwhelming bass :)

Updated both earbuds without issue but I'm not sure I understand the firmware changelog. One of the changes is the ability to distinguish between the 2 earbuds, but the default bluetooth name didn't change. Is that purely for the app to recognise which is which? Though even that is confusing because the app did seem to distinguish between the two before I updated the firmware on each bud.

Finally, is there a reason the left earbud is pictured as so much smaller than the right earbud in the app? I thought I had "selected" the right one and it had been enlarged because of this, but it seems like the right picture is just bigger for design reasons.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #79 of 159
I've been testing the app and it does work as I was hoping for, that is the settings are saved on the buds themselves. The button mapping works just fine and is also app-independent.

However, none of the suggestions made in this thread were taken into consideration, which I hope will change as Tronsmart successively updates the functionalities.

Sep 30, 2020 at 6:13 PM Post #81 of 159
I expect in next update:

1) Change of default ANC mode after buds are turned on.
2) Shorten ANC change mode voice (Off/ANC/Ambient).

A feature to enable temporary ambient when using tap and hold on one bud would be fantastic.

I agree that the voice absolutely needs to be shortened, it takes way too long to change mode.

Sep 30, 2020 at 6:24 PM Post #82 of 159
yes, look at the mtw2 controls.
Smart-Control-app.jpg

But good to change controls for those that always use both of them at once.

Sep 30, 2020 at 7:52 PM Post #83 of 159
Got the Tronsmart Android app from Google Play - hooray!

Thoughts:

Firmware upgrade process:
- Firmware upgrade one bud at a time was a bit clunky, and took a long time for such a small update, but ok. Updates only come a few times in the life of a product.

The equaliser definitely needs work:
- The equaliser is pretty useless, with very little change between some of the presets.
- No custom presets available
- No multi-band equaliser
- Jazz and Pop modes at least reduce the bass, so it isn't the only/dominant thing you hear.

The ANC needs a firmware update:
- There is only ANC on/off. No adjustable levels. No wind mode (very important!)
- ANC 'on' provides a massive bass boost -- ANC on/off should not noticeably change the sound signature. It should just minimise outside noises.
- The ANC works pretty well for a fan or a comercial fridge's deep hum, but not for many other sounds. I can still hear traffic through it.
(Having owned Sony and Bose products, I know what good ANC sounds like)

ANC/Ambient/Off order and announcements:
- Can't change the order of the ANC on - Ambient - ANC Off modes
- Can't change the mode change announcement to a beep or at least make it quicker - 'on' / 'off' / 'ambient'

Ambient mode:
- There are no ambient sound levels (think of Jabra's hear through, for example)
- Would be nice if Ambient turned on with vloume gradually, not just suddenly a lot of loud static from outside

Codecs:
Where is Apt-X HD? The Qualcomm chip is HD capable, and I bought the Apollo Bold in part because I saw they could get Apt-X HD via firmware upgrade.

Button changes:
- I haven't changed the button mapping, but others have said it works.
- Note my comment above about needing to re-order the ANC/Ambient/Off mode cycle order, and the announcement length or beep.

Bluetooth connections:
- Really need to be able to see which devices I have paired the Apollo to before, and have the ability to manually select which one to connect to. Bose does this.

What I most want to see is ANC quality and sound (equaliser and codec) improvements

Thanks for the initial app, Tronsmart, and I really hope you improve it soon.

Sep 30, 2020 at 11:03 PM Post #84 of 159

Thoughts:

- Firmware upgrade one bud at a time was a bit clunky, and took a long time for such a small update, but ok. Updates only come a few times in the life of a product.

- The equaliser is pretty useless, with very little change between some of the presets.
- Jazz and Pop modes at least reduce the bass, so it isn't the only/dominant thing you hear.

- There is only ANC on/off. No adjustable levels. No wind mode (very important!)
- ANC 'on' provides a massive bass boost -- ANC on/off should not noticeably change the sound signature. It should just minimise outside noises.
- The ANC works pretty well for a fan or a comercial fridge's deep hum, but not for many other sounds. I can still hear traffic through it.

- Can't change the mode change announcement to a beep or at least make it quicker - 'on' / 'off' / 'ambient'

Ambient mode:
- There are no ambient sound levels (think of Jabra's hear through, for example)
- Would be nice if Ambient turned on with vloume gradually, not just suddenly a lot of loud static from outside

Codecs:
Where is Apt-X HD? The Qualcomm chip is HD capable, and I bought the Apollo Bold in part because I saw they could get Apt-X HD via firmware upgrade.

Button changes:
- Note my comment above about needing to re-order the ANC/Ambient/Off mode cycle order, and the announcement length or beep.

Bluetooth connections:
- Really need to be able to see which devices I have paired the Apollo to before, and have the ability to manually select which one to connect to. Bose does this.

What I most want to see is ANC quality and sound (equaliser and codec) improvements

Great writeup and very much agree with all these points. Especially the seemingly false claim that aptx hd would be patched in with the first firmware upgrade, which I saw repeated numerous times before buying the Bolds.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2020 at 1:16 AM Post #85 of 159
To be fair, Tronsmart has not designed much here. These earbuds are/were available in 2 other brands, so they are clones - same form factor and internals. I first saw the Kleer ones, and later, the Tronsmart Apoollo Bold. Also the fun stuff is designed by Qualcomm, so ANC updates would be coded by Qualcomm and sent to Tronsmart. Probably the same for any equaliser API updates. I am aware of this when asking Tronsmart for updates -- they will have to go back to Qualcomm for much of it.

Oct 1, 2020 at 2:50 AM Post #87 of 159
same here, download failed (in spanish, which is not my native language :rolling_eyes: )

and I agree with comments above. app as it is now it's pretty much useless, it's just for fw updates (if it worked I mean...). I would really like to have at least a custom eq and the possibility to adjust ANC level.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2020 at 3:43 AM Post #88 of 159
same here, download failed (in spanish, which is not my native language :rolling_eyes: )

and I agree with comments above. app as it is now it's pretty much useless, it's just for fw updates (if it worked I mean...). I would really like to have at least a custom eq and the possibility to adjust ANC level.
Hi Dear, we will continue to pay attention to your feedback and add more useful features :D Thank you so much for your opinion.

Oct 1, 2020 at 4:00 AM Post #90 of 159

Thoughts:

Ambient mode:

Codecs:

Button changes:

Bluetooth connections:

Thank you very much for your valuable comments on our APP, and we will upgrade accordingly in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back