Need your help! Tronsmart Apollo Bold APP is coming, what functions would you expect?

What functions would you expect for Tronsmart Apollo Bold APP?

• EQ adjustment

Votes: 40 87.0%
  • Volume control

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • Play next /Previous track

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • ANC ON/OFF/Ambient Sound mode adjustment

Votes: 32 69.6%
  • OTA upgrade

Votes: 37 80.4%
  • FM

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Find your speaker(Location)

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • Turn on/off

Votes: 18 39.1%
  • Choose to connect the devices you have connected before

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • Other functions(Please leave your idea below)

Votes: 8 17.4%

• Total voters
Sep 12, 2020 at 3:37 AM Post #17 of 159
The Apollo's really start to shine once you have a few hours burn in. Even though their sound quality has improved considerably, they are still too bassy. I'd love to see the following features on their software:

EQ - settings stored on earphones so the effect can be appreciated on non Android/IOS devices.

Re programmable buttons.

Desensitise the touch controls - at the moment I cannot wear these in bed without accidentally triggering various functions. I don't have this problem with the Sony WF1000XM3's.

Sep 15, 2020 at 12:02 AM Post #18 of 159
Hi
Hi Tronsmart,
Thank you for asking what your customers want!

There are a few things I definitely want to see in the app. Not all of them have to make it into the first release. Please release it in September, as promised!

1) Equaliser.
- The Apollo Bold are too bassy, too boomy. A good equaliser is a must, and the earbuds must remember the setting so it can be used with any device, without the app connected.

2) ANC - need to be able to turn it on/off/ambient
- I want to change.the order, to put ambient last
- It really needs ANC levels, and most importantly, a wind noise reduction mode (my Sony WH-1000XM3 has ANC levels and a wind noise reduction mode that's really good)

3) Touch controls
- I definitely want to customise the touch controls on the earbuds. Everyone will have their own preferences.

4) Firmware updates
- The chip is capable of Apt-X HD, according.to Qualcomm's website, and I really want that.
- As noted above, we need a wind noise reduction mode. The Apollo bold are so big and stick out so far, that they catch any wind whilst I am walking outside, and it makes the ANC worse. If one runs or cycles, it is even worse - they become unusable. Yes, I have tried ANC off. Still no good.

------

Other feedback:
- Please work with Comply Foam (and others) make memory foam tips that fit the Apollo Bold and the ear canal. I have already written to Comply. Their Smartcore fit the buds but are too big in the ear, making the buds stick out more.

- When you make the second version of the Apollo Bold, don't use the design of the inner oval and the outer circle. No one wants their earbuds sticking out, nor catching wind. If you look from behind.at.an angle, you can see all the wasted space in the ear concha. I would like to see more of the concha filled by earbud, and not have them sticking out. This would look better, be more comfortable, catch less wind, and passively block more external noise. You might also look into 1x balanced armature + 1x smaller dynamic driver, to have both better sound and save space.

Thanks again for asking!

Dave
Sydney, Australia

My collection:
Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless (v1)
1More Quad Driver
Sony WH-1000XM3
Tronsmart Apollo Bold
Shure SE215
Hi, Dave,
Hope you have a great day!
Thank you very much for your kind feedback! We will consider all users' advice and try our best to make it better!

Sep 15, 2020 at 1:54 AM Post #20 of 159
When we can expect release ?
Hi, galgofa,
The APP will come maybe next week or the end of this month if there is no problem. But we will also consider all users' feedback, we will try our best to make it better and meet customers' needs! Will update the information first on Head-Fi. Please stay tuned.

Sep 19, 2020 at 3:17 AM Post #21 of 159
Hello, I registered specifically to give my answer here. First of all, thank you for these amazing earbuds, I really appreciate the effort that you've put into creating this amazing product :)

I would love to see an Equalizer that allows for minor changes that you could save onto the earbuds itself, without having to run the app in the background, as my predecessors here have already said.

ANC is great and I know there is not much you can do with hardware, but if there are any algorithm changes you could introduce in order to help with the cancellation of higher frequency sounds (like passing cars, conversations, honks), that would be awesome.

What I would love to see is the customization of ANC ON/OFF/Ambient - here it takes a little too long with three taps to switch between three modes, I believe there could be a separate gesture for on/off and then for ambient.

Thanks!

Sep 19, 2020 at 3:42 AM Post #22 of 159
Hello, I registered specifically to give my answer here. First of all, thank you for these amazing earbuds, I really appreciate the effort that you've put into creating this amazing product :)

I would love to see an Equalizer that allows for minor changes that you could save onto the earbuds itself, without having to run the app in the background, as my predecessors here have already said.

ANC is great and I know there is not much you can do with hardware, but if there are any algorithm changes you could introduce in order to help with the cancellation of higher frequency sounds (like passing cars, conversations, honks), that would be awesome.

What I would love to see is the customization of ANC ON/OFF/Ambient - here it takes a little too long with three taps to switch between three modes, I believe there could be a separate gesture for on/off and then for ambient.

Thanks!
Hi,
Thank you very much for your feedback! We will forward to our PM and try our best to meet customers' need!

Sep 19, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #23 of 159
God, the only thing that I would like over any other thing is the ability to power off each bud independently from the case with something like: press for 4/5 seconds and it will turn off. This morning I forgot my case in my car and when i arrived home I pulled out from my ears and they continued powered on so after 4 hours the battery was at 10%... have this in mind please it’s very annoying to don’t have this feature

Sep 20, 2020 at 1:18 PM Post #24 of 159
On top of what others have already suggested such as EQ adjustment, firmware upgrade option and to be able to turn off earbuds, I'd like to add, if possible, the option to turn off the LED lights on the earbuds so they do not flash whilst listening to music.

These earbuds are growing on me and have so much potential to be one of the best ones around.

Sep 20, 2020 at 3:08 PM Post #25 of 159
I'm really liking the buds, they've gotten better sounding with time. I can't wait to see the first version of the app. I'm sure you've already seen them, but look to the Soundcore, Quidelex and EarStudio apps for best practices.

I would echo some of the other suggestions. On-board storage of EQ settings (and a variety of use presets) is an absolute must, as is LED light control. I'd also like to suggest adjustable ambient volume, like they've added to the Airpods. You also need to allow changes to the taps and keeping the last setting - having to get them back into ambient every time I use them and the slightly fussy taps are kind of irritating.

If you can have a gain/max volume control, that would also be great. The max volume is a little low sometimes.

Sep 20, 2020 at 9:39 PM Post #26 of 159
God, the only thing that I would like over any other thing is the ability to power off each bud independently from the case with something like: press for 4/5 seconds and it will turn off. This morning I forgot my case in my car and when i arrived home I pulled out from my ears and they continued powered on so after 4 hours the battery was at 10%... have this in mind please it’s very annoying to don’t have this feature
Hi,
Right now the earbuds do not have Power off button. You can only power off by putting it into the case. But after APP is ready, you can power off on APP.

Sep 20, 2020 at 9:41 PM Post #27 of 159
On top of what others have already suggested such as EQ adjustment, firmware upgrade option and to be able to turn off earbuds, I'd like to add, if possible, the option to turn off the LED lights on the earbuds so they do not flash whilst listening to music.

These earbuds are growing on me and have so much potential to be one of the best ones around.
Hi,
Thanks for your advice. But sorry that the LED cannot be turned off because it is the indicator to show that the earbuds are working properly.

Sep 20, 2020 at 9:47 PM Post #28 of 159
Hi
I'm really liking the buds, they've gotten better sounding with time. I can't wait to see the first version of the app. I'm sure you've already seen them, but look to the Soundcore, Quidelex and EarStudio apps for best practices.

I would echo some of the other suggestions. On-board storage of EQ settings (and a variety of use presets) is an absolute must, as is LED light control. I'd also like to suggest adjustable ambient volume, like they've added to the Airpods. You also need to allow changes to the taps and keeping the last setting - having to get them back into ambient every time I use them and the slightly fussy taps are kind of irritating.

If you can have a gain/max volume control, that would also be great. The max volume is a little low sometimes.
Hi,
When APP is ok, you can reset the default playing mode on it. For exammple, if you like Ambient sound mode, you can make it as default so that everytime when you turn on, you will have this mode on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back