NEED YOUR HELP! Shure SE535 VS. Sennhiser IE80 For Electro/House/Trance/HipHop Use!
Feb 8, 2013 at 3:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

MaorSh

New Head-Fier
Hey Guys!
I'm really need your help, I'm so confused about this two! Prersonaly I am an heavy Audiophile and crazy about Electro Progressive , Trance and HipHop that requires incredible Bass and Sound quality. The durable is very important if I'm going to the gym or runining! so For BASS , SOUND QUALITY , DURABLE , AND AGAIN SOUND QUALITY AND BASS. which of these two is THE BEST FOR ME ? Please guys please answer me straight the point! THANKS!!!

Feb 8, 2013 at 6:19 PM Post #3 of 11
I have the 535 and IE8 (not 80) plus I like hip-hop but I still don't know what to tell you. You made it clear you want a direct answer. I take that to mean you don't want to be asked follow up questions about your source and sonic preferences? Or, why just the choice between those two earphones only?

I can tell you that I wouldn't want to sweat on my IE8 because of the vent. I hear you can put tape over the vent but sweat may overcome it.  I don't know anything about the IE80 however.

Feb 8, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #4 of 11
IE80 has better low extension and a more impactful bass altogether, as expected from a Dynamic as opposed to the BA-based SE535. My experience with the IE80 is quite limited, but I felt as though it were a more controlled IE8, but still quite heavy in the low end. The SE535 has great low extension with a flat, balanced sub-bass and mid-bass (emphasizing FLAT). The bass is very tight, fast, and not nearly as heavy as the IE80. They have very different signatures, as the SE535 places the focus of the signature on the mids. Detail is immense, and the midrange sounds full and embodied. I would have to say that the IE80 felt better built, but the SE535 is not too shabby itself. Really depends on what signature you want, but since it sounds like you want bass specifically, then IE80 is probably what you'd want to look up.

Feb 8, 2013 at 6:39 PM Post #5 of 11
The IEMs you listed are compelety oposite in term of soundsignature and in bass region like Shure SE535 offers richers more forward midrange with greater details and clear highs with nice punchy bass but not for basssheads. The IE8/IE80 offers richer punchy bass with adjustable knob to increase bass to maximum and detailed mids highs with huge soundstage and they are warm sounding, so one(IE8/IE80) offers richer sound experience more bass and wider soundstage where Shure has more detailed midrange, smaller soundtage and detailed highs and good bass response. So if you want highly detailed IEMs with punchy bass then i will recommend the IE80, GR07, UE TF10Pro, Sony XBA4, Westone 3, JVC FX700, FXZ200 and Denon C300.

Feb 9, 2013 at 2:55 AM Post #11 of 11
The IEMs you listed are compelety oposite in term of soundsignature and in bass region like Shure SE535 offers richers more forward midrange with greater details and clear highs with nice punchy bass but not for basssheads. The IE8/IE80 offers richer punchy bass with adjustable knob to increase bass to maximum and detailed mids highs with huge soundstage and they are warm sounding, so one(IE8/IE80) offers richer sound experience more bass and wider soundstage where Shure has more detailed midrange, smaller soundtage and detailed highs and good bass response. So if you want highly detailed IEMs with punchy bass then i will recommend the IE80, GR07, UE TF10Pro, Sony XBA4, Westone 3, JVC FX700, FXZ200 and Denon C300.

You think that, It's risky to use IE80 at the Gym and for runing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back