[Need your help!!!] New Headphones or buy an amp/dac?
Mar 5, 2010 at 8:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

netsky3

100+ Head-Fier
Hi to everyone!
biggrin.gif

I'm so curious and I would know something about my uncertainty; I'm so unsure about the choice between changing my earphones or buying a tube amp

Actually my only source is my X-fi on my notebook with a pair of Shure E4C and a pair of old Sony Headphones.

I don't know what to choose between a new Headphone like the alessandro MS1 or improve my audio source changing the X-fi with a DAC or add the x-fi with a tube amp.

I've seen a lot of tube amp for headphones on ebay from china like these:

Qinpu Q2 Mini Tube Headphone Amplifier su eBay.it Amplifiers Tube Amps, Vintage Electronics, Electronics

Valve Class A Tube Headphone Amplifier pre amp audio su eBay.it Amplifiers, Home Audio, Electronics

Miridiy Class A Hybrid Tube Headphone Stereo Amplifier su eBay.it Other Car Accessories, Car Accessories, Vehicle Parts Accessories

*Does anyone know something about the quality of these amps??
I'm a bit afraid of buying a tube amp from china/honk kong
confused.gif

I'm waiting for your advices
k701smile.gif

[size=xx-small]Sorry for my bad english
ksc75smile.gif
[/size]

Mar 6, 2010 at 9:19 PM Post #4 of 7
All of them of course. LOL The biggest difference you will see is with a change of headphones. What headphones is entirely up to you.

Mar 8, 2010 at 12:00 AM Post #6 of 7
x2 on that.
stepping into the $200 and up range of headphones is the biggest change you'll hear. the curve shallows out above that point.
some folks will tell you that the curve just keeps on climbing. hahaha
biggrin.gif

allesandro/grado is a nice place to look.

Mar 8, 2010 at 12:13 AM Post #7 of 7
Your cans will be a big change but your source is also a major part of the equation.
If you have S/Pdif output on your laptop, you might consider a better source such as a DAC to go with your new cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back