Need Your Help! Best ~$150 Closed Cans? (Denon, Senn, Beyer...)
Dec 31, 2008 at 5:30 AM Post #16 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by werdnaq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you experience a ton of incoming sound penetrating your Denons? This is my only remaining concern with these cans. I hear they prevent leakage but don't really isolate anything. Is this a problem for you?

That's true. In an office environment they're great, once the volume is at a good level I can't hear a thing. Subway or airplanes are probably a no-no though as you would probably have to blast the volume to drown anything out.

Dec 31, 2008 at 6:29 AM Post #17 of 29
B&H has DT150 for $192. It is one of the best money I spent on a pair of headphones. I rank it over HD6x0, SA5000, K701, DT880/990, AD2000/W5000.
wink.gif

Jan 1, 2009 at 9:19 PM Post #19 of 29
Quote:

Can a CMOY amp off eBay (in the mail) sufficiently drive DT150 and their 2500ohm?

Sorry, I'm new!

From what I've read, the CMOY is able to drive a HD600.
So it should be able to drive the 250 ohm DT150 as well.

Jan 1, 2009 at 10:06 PM Post #20 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiemen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From what I've read, the CMOY is able to drive a HD600.
So it should be able to drive the 250 ohm DT150 as well.

I think so too, although I have no experience on CMOY.

Jan 2, 2009 at 1:43 PM Post #21 of 29
Now that I have heard them, I can wholeheartedly recommend the DT770 Pros. I actually prefer them to my K701s, which is seriously impressive since the K701s are amazing!

Jan 17, 2009 at 10:28 PM Post #23 of 29
werdnaq, congrats on your DT150!
Please share your thoughts about them.

Edit: I happen to know he bought a DT150 from Anouk.

Jan 18, 2009 at 4:25 AM Post #25 of 29
For > $150, Beyer DT 150, period. Yes my cmoy drives them respectably. < $150, Denon 1001. I've not really noticed a "Marked" improvement with them amped.

Jan 18, 2009 at 8:34 AM Post #26 of 29
Quote:

Anybody have any thoughts on the AT-A700s?

At the beginning of the semester I was in the exact same position as you, looking for closed cans for dorms and library usage. I bought the AT-A700s and have been using them throughout the semester. For a while I loved them, as they were my first true experience into decent headphones, however I recently purchased a Klispch Custom 3, and although these are IEMs which generally don't compare to full size headphones, they have made me become more critical about the sound and have been starting to realize weaknesses in the A700. In general, they lack a bit in the bass; there are songs in which the bass is not lacking a sufficient in power, just in general its a bit lacking. Also, I feel the highs a bit shrill, with some sibilance. I end up EQing a little bit, adding some bass, and/or lower the high a bit. For these reasons, I have recently been looking for an upgrade to these, but honestly they do sound pretty good, I was in love with them for quite a bit but am starting to want better. On portability, I have taken them to the library quite often, as I do end up staying for hours quite often (the pain of being an engineer...) and until now they have been fairing decently, but without a proper case (I just put them in my backpack albeit carefully) I am getting worried how much beating they can take. Hope this helped.

Sorry for piggy-backing on this thread, but if anyone would suggest a good upgrade from the A700s, that'd be great. Must be closed though. Thanks!

Jan 18, 2009 at 9:06 AM Post #27 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by GooWiz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry for piggy-backing on this thread, but if anyone would suggest a good upgrade from the A700s, that'd be great. Must be closed though. Thanks!

What's your budget for this upgrade? What source and amp will you be using? Why not start your own thread? You might get better help that way.

Jan 19, 2009 at 4:23 AM Post #29 of 29
Cmoy,Creek OBH-11(elpac psu).Non modded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back