Need your advices : Westone ES5 or UM Miracle?
Aug 8, 2013 at 6:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

king8888

500+ Head-Fier
I'm currently interested in ES5 and Miracle. My taste is neutral, balance, not too sparkle treble.

I already own 4 CIEM: JH16 (old ver), 8A, Merlin and s530x6. So I'm wondering which CIEM should I get in my collection?

Aug 8, 2013 at 6:23 PM Post #2 of 5
The ES5 has very detailed yet slightly forward midrange, crisp clear highs and tight punchy bass, overall it"s balance and fun sounding which portray more mids and bass than highs. But if you want truly high quality balance CIEMs then UERM 3 drivers (5 DRIVERS HAS LESS SPARKLE HIGHS BUT TRULY BALANCE SOUNDSIGNATURE) are better sounding and they offers more sparkles in highs. UM Miracle are more balanced with extended highs and overall sound flat, neutral and very detailed. 

Aug 8, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #3 of 5
From what I remember in my research, ES5 if you want better mids, Miracles if you want more balance. Depends on if you want to compliment what you already have or if you want one that's more to your preferred sound. 

Aug 8, 2013 at 8:27 PM Post #4 of 5
The ES5 has very detailed yet slightly forward midrange, crisp clear highs and tight punchy bass, overall it"s balance and fun sounding which portray more mids and bass than highs. But if you want truly high quality balance CIEMs then UERM 3 drivers (5 DRIVERS HAS LESS SPARKLE HIGHS BUT TRULY BALANCE SOUNDSIGNATURE) are better sounding and they offers more sparkles in highs. UM Miracle are more balanced with extended highs and overall sound flat, neutral and very detailed. 

Thanks for helping. My budget only allow me to get a 2nd CIEM, so UERM is out of my reach.

From what I remember in my research, ES5 if you want better mids, Miracles if you want more balance. Depends on if you want to compliment what you already have or if you want one that's more to your preferred sound. 

So, miracle seems to be a better choice then since the 8A is very smooth in mid already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back