need urgent advise- what to buy
May 23, 2013 at 4:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Sanarar

New Head-Fier
Hello i have 2 different ideas what to buy and i can not make right choise because can not listen both by myself. Thats why ask for professional help. The idea is to order in Japan from pricejapan.com headphone amplifier Luxman P-700u to use it with my Sennheiser HD800. First question- does anybody ordered from Japan? Is there any problem? Because the sellere said that all products from the shop is for Japan Market so its not for 220V and no international warranty(if broken- i should send back to Japan and to pay for it) and even no English inside the amplifier.
Second choice- to use my HD800 with my old Lehmann Linear Cube and buy for the same price as Luxman- combo STAX SR-007A + SRM-727A

Because i listen only to classical music and some people said that stax is good for that. What is the difference for the person who is not professional to find the difference between hi-end machines but just like to hear good music. Can you be so kind to explain please. What you will do if stay in my position. 
Sorry for my English- its not my mother tongue 
Thanks to everybody

May 23, 2013 at 7:12 AM Post #5 of 9
But the price in Japan for the new STAX SR-007A is 1800usd only!!! I dont think i can find it here. And if the voltage is incorrect- am i right that i can buy transformer and it will be no problem with voltage and quality of the sound? Thanks for your answer

May 23, 2013 at 7:19 AM Post #6 of 9
But the price in Japan for the new STAX SR-007A is 1800usd only!!! I dont think i can find it here. And if the voltage is incorrect- am i right that i can buy transformer and it will be no problem with voltage and quality of the sound? Thanks for your answer

The sr007 will work but you need to get a pro bias energiser that attaches to a full sized amplifier or an energiser/headphone amplifier. If you have one already ... :)

May 23, 2013 at 7:42 AM Post #8 of 9
What is your current set up when listening to the hd800?
Dac?

When I experimented with diff amps ...
I am always reminded how refined this lehmann cube amp is.:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back