Need ur input on portable with Nass boost
Apr 14, 2013 at 5:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Oregonian

Headphoneus Supremus
LOL title should read BASS boost.

Frankly my head is spinning. So many choices and no clear cut fave.

I have an E-11, E-7, E-6, E-02 and ZO but use the ZO with my desktop.

I want a portable that has the best SUBbass adder (selectable would be good). Battery life at minimum 10+ hours preferred. Probably a new brand from Fiio but not sure what is very small, good battery life and a bass switch.

Source is iPhone 5 or 4.

Thoughts?

Apr 14, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #4 of 8
whats wrong with the ZO and fiio?
theres also the vorzuge amps and upcoming centrance m8- both have bass boost

Just want something that is for SUBbass more. Fiio tends to be more mid or so it seems to me. The ZO is what I think fits my need but what ELSE is here?

Apr 14, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #6 of 8
the vorzuge amp has a bit more bass than the ZO but its a switch- on and off

Seems a bit spendy ($520)........

Keep em coming folks......

Apr 17, 2013 at 11:15 PM Post #7 of 8
Apr 18, 2013 at 5:59 PM Post #8 of 8
thats just the thing i dont like about hardware eq - you cant control whats boosted. i use a software eq and so dont have alot of experience, but i do own the e11 and i prefer the BB of the jds labs cmoy. its not sub-bass oriented (i wish it were...) but it boosts almost 10 dB. which is higher than the e11 boosts, which is ~6 dB on the second option.

on another thought, since you didnt mention your budget, why not take a look at the C5? the boost does start at ~1 kHz like the rest of them (if i remember correctly), but it peaks at ~80 Hz, suggesting a slightly thicker sub-bass feel. however, i havent heard it myself, so i wouldnt know personally.

good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back