Need to upgrade from UE Super.fi 5’s
Jul 27, 2007 at 8:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

MikeLa

100+ Head-Fier
Primary use is on planes and in hotels, so they need to be closed, have some isolation and travel well – fold or something. I’ll be using them with an iMod 5G and Hornet . I would like to move away from IEM’s, tired of the constant adjustments – maybe the HE25-1 or the new Senn PXC 450.

Your advice?

Jul 27, 2007 at 9:38 PM Post #2 of 4
the sennheiser hd280 is pretty good, but going from the super.fi to the hd280(I have both) might make the hd280 sound some what bass shy. Also, the overall sound quality of the super.fi is much more full and detailed. The super.fi sound better. The best suggestion I can give you is the shure se530(they fit much better(less adjustment needed) and are much more comfy according to ALOT of people on here compared to the super.fi), but if you really dont want IEMs, the new sennheiser noise cancellers are out now, but they are $450.

Jul 27, 2007 at 10:18 PM Post #3 of 4
I like the SF 5 Pro's, but the Shure SE530 is more detailed and clear in the midrange.

I would suggest looking at the Equation Audio RP-21 for a full size closed headphone. Read Skylabs comparison review of 5 closed headphones posted today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back