Need to confirm a suspicion.
Jan 27, 2024 at 4:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

N3XED

New Head-Fier
Now, as an audiophile I feel ashamed to say this but, with the Bluetooth usage of the Audeze maxwells, if I don't want to use my PC's bluetooth, I can just buy a 3.5mm to bluetooth adaptor and use it that way. Right? surely there no restriction there that prevents me from doing this.

As you can probably tell, I haven't used wireless headphones for a while lul

Jan 27, 2024 at 6:32 AM Post #3 of 10
I can just buy a 3.5mm to bluetooth adaptor and use it that way. Right?
You can but it is probably the worst possible solution one can conjecture up.
You have the digital audio converted to analog by the onboard DAC/AMP only to be converted back to digital by the ADC of the Bluetooth adapter.
If you want to skip the Bluetooth of the PC, get a Bluetooth USB transmitter.

Jan 27, 2024 at 7:01 AM Post #4 of 10
The Maxwell comes with a low latency dongle that doesn't use Bluetooth. You want to use that if interfacing with a PC as that's lossless.

Don't use the 3.5 mm aux input. It sounds terrible.

Jan 27, 2024 at 8:35 AM Post #5 of 10
You should have a 3.5mm Jack on them, then get a 3.5mm male to male cable and run it to your sound card.
You can but it is probably the worst possible solution one can conjecture up.
You have the digital audio converted to analog by the onboard DAC/AMP only to be converted back to digital by the ADC of the Bluetooth adapter.
If you want to skip the Bluetooth of the PC, get a Bluetooth USB transmitter.

The Maxwell comes with a low latency dongle that doesn't use Bluetooth. You want to use that if interfacing with a PC as that's lossless.

Ignore the weird formatting here, I ****ed up and couldn't delete my reply's. The issue I'm having here, is that I'm using an audio interface and I'm trying to also use a wireless headphone without the USB dongle, as that will register the maxwell as it's own audio device. Because I frequently monitor my own voice, I need to do this in real-time. and that's not possible with the USB provided without listen A*though* the audio interface to then the headphones.

This is the reason that I was asking about this Bluetooth option. I'm aware Bluetooth isn't lossless and has it's own issues, but I can't see another way of this working elegantly at all

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2024 at 9:40 AM Post #6 of 10
What does your setup look like? Is the interface recording your voice?

Jan 27, 2024 at 9:57 AM Post #8 of 10
Are you using a DAW to process / record the audio?

EDIT - I ask because there might be a way to have the PC set to output audio to the interface while recording from your mic but then using the DAW to monitor using the Maxwell's dongle.

Bluetooth will most likely introduce some noticeable latency, so it's not ideal for real-time use.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2024 at 8:22 AM Post #9 of 10
Are you using a DAW to process / record the audio?

EDIT - I ask because there might be a way to have the PC set to output audio to the interface while recording from your mic but then using the DAW to monitor using the Maxwell's dongle.

Bluetooth will most likely introduce some noticeable latency, so it's not ideal for real-time use.
I'm not using a daw unfortuneately

Jan 28, 2024 at 11:06 AM Post #10 of 10
I'm not using a daw unfortuneately

Ok - you can try a free DAW or download OBS Studio and and set the monitoring device to the Maxwell. There will still be a delay (latency) but maybe it's acceptable to you.

Here's a tutorial for OBS Studio -

Hopefully this covers what you're trying to do.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back