Need to buy Gaming Headphones in 170$'s Range.
Feb 27, 2004 at 5:49 PM Post #62 of 80
80% gaming, 20% listening to music, movies..

Feb 27, 2004 at 6:12 PM Post #63 of 80
The HD25 can get pretty sweaty. However if you're in an environment that makes you sweat buckets in an HD25, then practically any of the closed phones will make you sweat even more (and this even applies to some circumaural open phones).

I don't know how much time you've allowed for the plastic headband to loosen up a bit... they do. That said they wouldn't be my first choice fo gaming cans. The DT770 is very comfy, and is probably the coolest of the closed phones simply because there's a large space in the cups.

Feb 27, 2004 at 6:17 PM Post #64 of 80
The area I'm in isn't warm at all.. cool, in fact..

It's just the trapped heat and the texture of the cans (pleather)..

I know your partial to the DT 770's.. What of the other headphones I mention? Ever demo any?

I would assume ALL the Beyers would be the same, comfort-wise, eh?

Feb 27, 2004 at 6:22 PM Post #65 of 80
Not being a big gamer now I'm not that partial to the DT770
biggrin.gif
... but certainly in my opinion if you're mainly gaming it's a can that makes a lot of sense.

The DT250-80 is slightly hotter in use, but is practically as comfy than the DT770. As I said, the cues aren't as good with this phone.

The K271, I have not tested in a gaming situation. They do cues pretty well. They have a vinyl (or leather?) earpad which will make you sweat (or should I say absorb less sweat) than the DT770/250-80.

Feb 27, 2004 at 6:22 PM Post #66 of 80
bangraman, how do the ultrasone hfi650/700 compare to the beyerdynamix dt770 and 250?

edit: mainly for gaming but also for music?

Feb 27, 2004 at 6:24 PM Post #67 of 80
I'll be getting onto that shortly. Geek's theory of 'close staging' for games is I think partially correct. It's just that the DT250 don't really deliver on that front either. I'll have to find out if the S-Logic is a hindrance, marketing BS or effective. Give me a couple of weeks.

Feb 27, 2004 at 6:35 PM Post #68 of 80
Quote:

The K271, I have not tested in a gaming situation. They do cues pretty well. They have a vinyl (or leather?) earpad which will make you sweat (or should I say absorb less sweat) than the DT770/250-80

Gotcha, thanks!

HeadRoom staff are supposed to be their reviewing their closed sets this week.. Hopefully I'll get their opinion on why the 871 is their best.. If indeed it still is their favorite, after they check them all out again..

There have been a few people on this forum who say they are too bright.. While Jamey at headroom maintains that the DT 250 and 550 sound warm and lack detail.. Making the 871 the better choice

I'm so confused...
confused.gif

smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 27, 2004 at 6:39 PM Post #69 of 80
Quote:

Originally posted by bangraman
I'll be getting onto that shortly. Geek's theory of 'close staging' for games is I think partially correct. It's just that the DT250 don't really deliver on that front either. I'll have to find out if the S-Logic is a hindrance, marketing BS or effective. Give me a couple of weeks.

That was my theory, but whatever

Feb 27, 2004 at 8:07 PM Post #70 of 80
Ack, a shootout between the DT770, DT660, HFI-650, HFI-700 and K271S would be so helpful...

I can't remember the last time I had such trouble making up my mind on something
tongue.gif

Feb 27, 2004 at 8:12 PM Post #71 of 80
I'm convinced I need somthing in the Beyer line-up, for the comfort..

Just need to know which are the over-all best for use with an amp, and are the best application for gaming and some music and movie listening thrown in..

Feb 27, 2004 at 8:35 PM Post #72 of 80
Quote:

I'm convinced I need somthing in the Beyer line-up, for the comfort..

well, if you read all the posts in this thread and the one I started. The general consensus is that the DT770s are the best for gaming and movie watching. The DT880s are the best for music but cost quite alot and the DT250s are decent in all aspects but excel in none. I've read all the threads regarding the most popular and well received gaming headphones (v6/280/250/770) and I think it's pretty safe to say that Sony MDR-V6 ~ Senn HD280Pros < Beyer DT250-250/80 < Beyer DT770-250/80. I've been exploring this issue for about a week now, got in tons of reading time in my boring 3 hour stats lab ^^ I think your best bet is to visit your local guitar center and buy any phones that look promising, (I think they carry all of the above mentioned headphones) even if you don't plan on actually keeping them. They have a great return policy so if you're dissatisfied in anyway all you lose is some gas money. After you've found the phones you like, you can just return them and order it cheaper online. Once I get back my money for the HD590s I returned, I'll be picking up the DT770-80s from Guitar Center and I'll let you know how they turn out.

Feb 27, 2004 at 8:53 PM Post #73 of 80
I did say a couple of weeks and I will start to give my opinions of the HFI-650 by that time but on generally hearing them, I'm surprised that they sound really different from what I experienced at the first UK meet.

It's a case of my pet hate, commenting on phones without owning them for a while, coming back to bite me on the ass. Still, the HFI-650 and the Koss phones are all I could be held accountable for in this respect since I've owned everything else I talk about, so that's OK then
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 27, 2004 at 9:17 PM Post #74 of 80
Quote:

well, if you read all the posts in this thread and the one I started.

Yeah.. I've been listening. They're on my want list..
wink.gif

I haven't heard any support or mention of the 871's for this application..

So I'm guessing the guys at HeadRoom are coming from a purely audi-phile standpoint..

PS- I'm up in the great white NORTH.. Closest decent guitar store is 1000 km south (Vancouver, BC)..
biggrin.gif

Quote:

I'll be picking up the DT770-80s from Guitar Center and I'll let you know how they turn out

Yes, please do.. Could you send me a PM as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back