Need tech help from Stax owners
Oct 29, 2004 at 1:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Nak Man

Headphoneus Supremus
Just one question: how does one open up Stax's rectangular ear cups / housing / casing ?

One of the drivers became detached and need to be re-glued. I can try my best shot from the outside - but prefer to do it neatly and redo them thoroughly. Also some of the foam has rottened. Must be from the hot n humid environment over here.

Any help / guidance / links will be much appreciated.

Oct 29, 2004 at 2:28 PM Post #2 of 5
The lambda's casing is attached by four screws.
These can be accessed by lifting the corners of the earpad.

Setmenu

Oct 29, 2004 at 5:37 PM Post #3 of 5
Thanks ! I'll give it a try.
lambda.gif

Oct 29, 2004 at 6:11 PM Post #4 of 5
Take care when removing the driver! Try to loosen it by using something like a flat-ended crowbar (if such a thing exists) and apply the force to the lowermost edge of the driver. Otherwise it could get torn apart (happened to me).

peacesign.gif

Oct 29, 2004 at 6:59 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks ... only a bit too late. =)

The driver was OK, I mean, it was already partially fell off from plastic housing - but I almost tear the protective thin sheet / diaphragm ! Jeez, that is a very thin material indeed, it was pushed by the cable and luckily only got 'dented'. No audible effect though ... and now they sound simply fabulous ! However I'm still surprised how trusty 595 hold up against these electrostats.

I only wish for a balance control on teensy srm-xh, as it is now a bit shifted to one side. Is there any L/R adjustment pot inside ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back