Need suggestions on which earphones to buy
May 6, 2011 at 5:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Syao

New Head-Fier
My current earphones are M6, and although I liked them at first, I lost my good pair of tips so I haven't been enjoying a good seal for a while, and the steel wire broke out of the rubber, so it stings when I wear them.

So, I'm looking for new IEM, that have good sealing capabilities(like being able to run with them without rearranging them every second) and of course, good comfort and sound quality.
My music of choice is punk-rock, metal, post-hardcore, etc.
I guess my budget would be $80~$110.

Help would be appreciated! :)

May 6, 2011 at 7:32 PM Post #3 of 9
x2 for the Perfect Bass

If you want a more substantial bass, I would look into the Monster Turbines too. I would be happy to give you impressions on multiple IEMs if you so desire 
wink_face.gif

May 6, 2011 at 8:07 PM Post #4 of 9
Umm, it seems like the monster turbines exceed my budget, and I can't seem to find those perfect bass (I'm dependent on international shippings).
Are those SE215 good?

May 6, 2011 at 8:46 PM Post #6 of 9
I do like my SE215's. I'm terrible at trying to describe sound signatures though, but you can look at the SE215 Impressions thread. It's somewhere on the first page.

May 7, 2011 at 5:22 AM Post #7 of 9
I see in your signature you own(or owned) M6, can you compare your SE215 to them?

Oh and by the way, do these SE215 come with those popular foam eartips(olive?) out of the box, or does it need to be bought separately?

May 9, 2011 at 12:54 AM Post #8 of 9

Quote:
I see in your signature you own(or owned) M6, can you compare your SE215 to them?

Oh and by the way, do these SE215 come with those popular foam eartips(olive?) out of the box, or does it need to be bought separately?

I'm not great at describing the sound signature of headphones but I'll try.

Compared to the 215's the M6's sounded very bloated and congested, and the bass just sounded uncontrolled. The 215's seem much more aggressive with the mids and highs and seems to be more in your face, or what I'd call "fun". There is bass but it also seems quite controlled and doesn't take over the rest of the music. IMO the 215's sound way more engaging and fun than even the 315's.

Also, the 215's come with 3 pairs of Olives in different sizes as well as 3 pairs of silicone tips.

May 9, 2011 at 1:06 AM Post #9 of 9
+1 for the Phonak Perfect Bass. If you do a search for "Phonak Perfect Bass" you will find it. If I remember correctly it's made by Audèo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back