Need suggestions for a warm sounding DAC
Apr 10, 2012 at 2:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

haejuk

100+ Head-Fier
I just upgraded from an E7 to a Hot Audio Dac Wow Dual.  I found that I was missing some of the bass impact (without bass boost) and overall warmer sound of the E7.  The Dac Wow is definitely a cleaner sounding DAC, but I was wondering what other options are out there.  Only requirements are usb (for pc) and optical (for ps3) inputs, rca output.  I would prefer one without a built in headphone amp.  As for price, I would say up to $300ish.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Apr 10, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #2 of 5
The drdac 2 dx meets all of your requirements : warm sounding, usb in, optical in/out, rca in/out, built-in amp, 300$ 
wink.gif

Apr 10, 2012 at 3:21 PM Post #3 of 5
That does look *almost* perfect.  If there was a version that didn't have a built in headphone amp I would be all in. I am really unaware of all the DACs that are out there at the moment and all the threads I found in a search were from 2007.

The reason I am not really interested in a DAC with an amp stage is that I already have 2 dedicated headphone amps.  Just don't want to pay for a feature I won't really use.

Apr 12, 2012 at 10:37 AM Post #5 of 5
I really like the Audio-GD NFB-3.1.  I did get used to my new DAC's sound over the last couple of days, but I think whenever I have some extra cash I will be getting an NFB-3.1.  That looks absolutely perfect!  Thanks so much for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back