Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Audio-GD NFB-2 & NFB-3 Delivery & Impression Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audio-GD NFB-2 & NFB-3 Delivery & Impression Thread

post #1 of 1571
Thread Starter 

Kingwa is pumping out so many products that they seem to be scattered everywhere around here. 

 

I figure having a dedicated thread to the NFB-2 & NFB-3 might ease things out a bit for these two DACs.

 

Has anyone taken delivery on either?

 

My NFB-3 is en route and hopefully will be here in a few days. 

post #2 of 1571

Hi HeatFan12

 

What do you use to bridge between your computer and your DAC? NFB-2 and -3 supports upto 24/192.

Just wondering what device can pump 32/192 data across.

 

Cheers.

post #3 of 1571
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatFan12 View Post

Kingwa is pumping out so many products that they seem to be scattered everywhere around here. 

 

I figure having a dedicated thread to the NFB-2 & NFB-3 might ease things out a bit for these two DACs.

 

Has anyone taken delivery on either?

 

My NFB-3 is en route and hopefully will be here in a few days. 

 

I see a few of DACs in ypur inventory, do you still have all those? If so it will be very interesting to hear your impressions. Especially since I have the µDAC too and want to upgrade but it will also be interesting to get a DAC-19 vs. NFB-3 shootout.
 

post #4 of 1571
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtan002 View Post

Hi HeatFan12

 

What do you use to bridge between your computer and your DAC? NFB-2 and -3 supports upto 24/192.

Just wondering what device can pump 32/192 data across.

 

Cheers.


Hi mtan002,

 

I usually connect via usb first and listen for a good while.  I use three OSs at home (XP,Vista & 7) and see if everything works with each.  I then try the other inputs and outputs.  I do have a couple of usb to spdif converters that I use as well, but atm are being used elsewhere.  My DI (Digital Interface) is also on the way, I believe.  Don't know if they packed it with the NFB-3. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgunder View Post

I see a few of DACs in ypur inventory, do you still have all those? If so it will be very interesting to hear your impressions. Especially since I have the µDAC too and want to upgrade but it will also be interesting to get a DAC-19 vs. NFB-3 shootout.
 



Hi burgunder,

 

Yes, I currently still have those.  Yes indeed, I will use them both w/ my C-2 and let you know.   


Edited by HeatFan12 - 9/17/10 at 9:34am
post #5 of 1571
Thread Starter 

Well, my NFB-3 has landed, however, working crazy hours the next couple of days, so only had a chance to open the box and take a quick peek.  Have not unpacked it yet.

 

It looks just like my DAC-19DF...lol....jk

 

I knew it looked the same, but was hoping for maybe a little engraving- "NFB-3 Limited Edition Run" or something.  lol

 

Can't wait to crank her up.....

 


Edited by HeatFan12 - 9/20/10 at 10:11pm
post #6 of 1571

yes. impression please.

 

shocking improvement ?

post #7 of 1571
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatFan12 View Post

Well, my NFB-3 has landed, however, working crazy hours the next couple of days, so only had a chance to open the box and take a quick peek.  Have not unpacked it yet.

 

It looks just like my DAC-19DF...lol....jk

 

I knew it looked the same, but was hoping for maybe a little engraving- "NFB-3 Limited Edition Run" or something.  lol

 

Can't wait to crank her up.....

 


One small step for man one giant leap for Head-fi

post #8 of 1571

Looking forward to impressions, especially vs the Dac-19.

post #9 of 1571
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by clou91 View Post

Looking forward to impressions, especially vs the Dac-19.


Thanks.  Will do...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgunder View Post

One small step for man one giant leap for Head-fi


LOL...

 

 

 

Was running late and had to get out of the house for work, but managed to put a quick setup on the bench (dining room..lol) to start it on its paces before I left.  DVD player--> coax--> NFB-3--> K.I.C.A.S. (non-caliente)--> PRO550s.  Just wanted to crank her up and check that everything was in working order and start burn-in.  Next couple of days I'll connect the other inputs and ACSS with C-2, other phones and amps.

 

Had to put the phones on for a minute before I left for a quick listen- Very, very early of course for any impressions, but the first words that popped into my head were "full-bodied" & "clarity".  The Dual Wolfson WM8741s are definitely kicking...lol

 

In all honesty, I was on the fence about the purchase because of owning the DAC-19DF already and the possible similarities between the two.  So, basically my decision-making process was- 1) Wanted 24/96 from usb since my collection has grown quite a bit... 2) If I decide to put either dac downstairs in my speaker rig, I could still use the ACSS connection with C-2 upstairs... 3) Wanted to give the WM8741s a go...4) Limited run on the NFB-3.

 

A few emails to Kingwa and the $ was sent.  You gotta love this guy- he never tries to get you to buy more expensive gear.  You ask about a product and he answers about that product.....Cheers to you sir....Now where is my Digital Interface?...lol

 

For about 360.00 shipped to your door, IMO it is a steal with the quality of his products.....

 

 

Some very quick and crappy pics...

 

 

NFB-3 (1).jpg

 

 

 

 

NFB-3 (2).jpg

 

 

 

NFB-3 (3).jpg

 

 

 

 

Pics of NFB-3 & DAC-19DF

 

 

DAC-19DF

DAC-19DF.jpg

 

 

 

NFB-3

 

NFB-3 (4).jpg


Edited by HeatFan12 - 9/21/10 at 10:20pm
post #10 of 1571

Perhaps the DI will do more 'justice' to your unit. Or a CD7FV.

 

did you get the effect of trying to invite any strangers you sees to come and listen ?

post #11 of 1571
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccschua View Post

Perhaps the DI will do more 'justice' to your unit. Or a CD7FV.

 

did you get the effect of trying to invite any strangers you sees to come and listen ?


Hi cc,

 

This is not going to be the setup for the NFB-3.  I wanted to start burn-in and since these next couple days I'm very busy with work, I just wanted to set it up quickly to let it run for a few days.  Eventually it will be connected with a PC and a cd player, but even with this dvd player as a transport, it did sound very good.

 

Yes, I wanted someone to listen to it and tell me what they think, but my wife was not even home when I set it up.

 

I am going to try the DI with this DAC also, but would like to get used to the sound of the DAC alone first.
 


Edited by HeatFan12 - 9/22/10 at 2:38am
post #12 of 1571

One of the days, if u have tried the Audio-gd gears, you will be hooked to it. soon after, newer technology emergy  such as this Sabre DAC, and its time to upgrade again.

 

I guess with the DI you will be more impressed.

post #13 of 1571

Any update on the impression? also want to know how it preforms in the speaker rig.

 

BTW, is your NFB-3 a 24/192 version?


Edited by Cousin - 9/24/10 at 10:01pm
post #14 of 1571

how does it compare to the pop pulse dac?

post #15 of 1571

How about setting up a mini meet? I am sure we can round a couple of the locals at your door! 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Audio-GD NFB-2 & NFB-3 Delivery & Impression Thread