Need Sony D-303 Discman service manual PDF
Jul 27, 2010 at 11:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

aeberbach

Headphoneus Supremus
Well I found one thread from 2006 where someone was kind enough to post the D-303 service manual on rapidshare - but the link is dead, as you would expect so many years later. I have found the D-88 and D-515 manuals via google but D-303 is nowhere to be found. 

I'm excited about this - just found a D-303 cheap in a semi-retired pawn shop, and I want to be able to realign it correctly.

Jul 28, 2010 at 6:40 PM Post #2 of 4
Played a CD in the car on the way home through it - works great! It skipped when I hit bumps but that's probably to be expected from a player with no ESP or suspension system.

Still want the service manual... even the user manual would be nice. This is such a versatile player with its optical out and rear-placed line out that I could see the remote control being useful, and if I knew the compatible Sony type I could begin the search. Anyone?

Aug 1, 2010 at 6:32 PM Post #3 of 4
So from the (lack of) responses I was thinking that personal CD players are dead, everyone is digital.

But check out this eBay auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180538006532&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_1154

That's a lot of money. Maybe the seller is a head-fier?

My D-303 seems to be working perfectly. The optical output is fine, line out sounds great. When powered from a plugpack the backlight and optical become active but they do not work in battery mode for obvious reasons. As much as I like the convenience of my iPod there's something nice about playing direct from the source.

Still looking for D-303 repair manual PDF, to have it just in case.

Aug 2, 2010 at 1:15 AM Post #4 of 4
My old D303 does not work correctly

I hope you can repair that when you have the manual

dt880smile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back