Need some suggestions. Nothing too heavy on bass, perhaps not isolating?
Jun 2, 2011 at 7:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

navidson

New Head-Fier
I've been a closet audiophile since I got SR60s a few year ago. They've kept me more then happy, but I usually found myself listening to my speakers (gasp!) at home. However,  as school gets increasingly difficult, I spend drastically more time in the library then at home...and thus I need to get something in ear so people don't get mad at my poor taste in music.

Long story short, I generally listen to folk and bluegrass music, acoustic stuff. I don't need insane amounts of bass. I've found the SR60s are the perfect balance for my tastes. It seems these days, all in ears are noise isolating and with that it seems comes heavy bass...and well personally I don't really enjoy the in ear canal isolating style, but given that I'm assuming the best sound quality you can get out of earbuds must be in ear.

...and as classes keep my trapped in the library, I'm also more or less broke. Looking in the <$50 market.

tldr; I'm looking for portable earphones/in ears that have a similar sound balance to SR60s (ie, not very heavy on bass) in the sub $50 range.

Thanks for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back