Need some spiritual, relaxation music...
Feb 9, 2004 at 7:33 PM Post #16 of 44
Thanks all of you now I have more options then I can offord to buy.

But anyway feel free to post more, who knows I may win the lottery.

Thanks again

Feb 10, 2004 at 3:28 AM Post #17 of 44
- Andreas Vollenweider
- (quieter) Kitaro
- John Barry (Moviola is good and fun for memories, too)
- Michel Bayan, Collage I (don't get II, it's not as good) (if you can even find this one!! somewhat "romantic")

if you have a 5.1 surround sound with sound field processing the LaserLight Echos of Nature collection gives you great nature atmospheric recordings. Use SS field processing to create "around the room" effect. I got the green 5 disk box with rainforest / bayou / jungle / wilderness river / general sampler, very good.

(edit: missed the 'spiritual' request, edited down list. My 'spiritual' includes nature so kept in list, including Moviola (some Barry scored movies are about nature, mental images and all))

Feb 10, 2004 at 2:31 PM Post #18 of 44
Andrea Bocelli - Sacred Arias (classical)

anything from Krishna Das (eastern music, western voice) I think 'Live on Earth' is the best, but perhaps it's more invigorating than relaxing.

Henry Marshall - Mantras IV - very relaxing, I haven't (yet) heard his others.

Adiemus - Journey: The Best of Adiemus (new age) [edit - not really spiritual ]

Feb 10, 2004 at 2:50 PM Post #19 of 44
I just listen to this two on VH1 - Bonobo & Air - interesting

Feb 10, 2004 at 3:36 PM Post #20 of 44
One series comes to mind -

BUDDHA BAR

There are 5 albums in this series so far and I have all 5 of them (a total of 10CD's) and every one of them is worth listening to...

Give them a shot...Ravin, Claude Challe, David Visan etc. are awesome DJ's and the music is VERy spiritual...

This is what I listen to most of the time...

Feb 10, 2004 at 3:44 PM Post #21 of 44
Quote:

Originally posted by gsferrari
One series comes to mind -

BUDDHA BAR

There are 5 albums in this series so far and I have all 5 of them (a total of 10CD's) and every one of them is worth listening to...

Give them a shot...Ravin, Claude Challe, David Visan etc. are awesome DJ's and the music is VERy spiritual...

This is what I listen to most of the time...

I have all the albums of BUDDHA BAR too
cool.gif
120% pure music.

and thanks about the others too and I will.

Thanks!

Feb 11, 2004 at 4:37 PM Post #23 of 44
Surprisingly no one mentioned Loreena McKennitt yet -- not only do the exotic colors in her music (especially in her two latest albums) provoke a sense of spirituality, McKennitt also explores a number of religious/philosophical subjects in her songs.

Second the recommendations of Dead can Dance; two similar groups are Vas (more percussive than DCD, with strong middle-Eastern influences) and Rasa (beautifully sung Sanskrit texts set to electronic music, part uplifting and popish, part pensive and mediative)

For purely instrumental "spirital" music: there are some truly outstanding stuff amongst the many albums of Al Gromer Khan -- in particularly Space Hotel, Black Marbel and Sweet Fire and Kamasutra Experience: all are tasteful, refreshing blend of North Indian tradition with ambient electronics.

David Parsons is another veteran in "spirital" sort of ambient music, although he is not as famous as he deserves. Some of his better works include Parikrama (solemn, dark), Tibetan Plateau/Sound of the Mothership and Maitreya: the Future Buddha (lighter, more uplifting)

Feb 11, 2004 at 5:22 PM Post #24 of 44
Quote:

Originally posted by FalconP
Surprisingly no one mentioned Loreena McKennitt yet -- not only do the exotic colors in her music (especially in her two latest albums) provoke a sense of spirituality, McKennitt also explores a number of religious/philosophical subjects in her songs.

Second the recommendations of Dead can Dance; two similar groups are Vas (more percussive than DCD, with strong middle-Eastern influences) and Rasa (beautifully sung Sanskrit texts set to electronic music, part uplifting and popish, part pensive and mediative)

For purely instrumental "spirital" music: there are some truly outstanding stuff amongst the many albums of Al Gromer Khan -- in particularly Space Hotel, Black Marbel and Sweet Fire and Kamasutra Experience: all are tasteful, refreshing blend of North Indian tradition with ambient electronics.

David Parsons is another veteran in "spirital" sort of ambient music, although he is not as famous as he deserves. Some of his better works include Parikrama (solemn, dark), Tibetan Plateau/Sound of the Mothership and Maitreya: the Future Buddha (lighter, more uplifting)

Thank you very much for you reply - Maitreya (Bengal Nights) by Mircea Eliade - is my favorite book (all time). I don't know if you heard of it. I didn't know about this music .

http://www.asiafinebooks.com/cgi-bin...gi/000912.html

Thank you very much!

Try this radio station in iTunes

in International - radio Darvish - Persian Traditional Music - best online radio for me relaxation, spiritual music --- great

280smile.gif

Feb 11, 2004 at 11:28 PM Post #25 of 44
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon

Very mesmerizing and soothing, at least IMHO.

Feb 12, 2004 at 1:20 AM Post #26 of 44
Cool.. this should thread should come in real handy when i stop over at the record store next time round.

Here's a few more artists if they haven't already been mentioned:

Mars Lasar - "Olympus" (this is his debut album in 1992. Reminds me a bit of Vangelis. Very motivational sounding... makes you feel like going out to compete in the olympics yourself
wink.gif
);

Mars Lasar - "Eleventh Hour" (this is Mars Lasar's second album. some tracks recorded in Q-sound. You gotta hear them on loudspeakers to be able to appreciate the cool semi-surround effect);

Ronan Hardiman - "Anthem" (Ronan was the composer for "Lord of the Dance." The music is a bit simple but very catchy);

Mike Oldfields - "Songs of a Distant Earth" (my favorite Mike Oldfields' album. While Tubular Bells I & II are good, this album is a bit more "narrative." A touch of Sci-Fi. Spin it on your CDP, kick back, relax and let your imagination take you for a intergalactic trip).

Enjoy!!
600smile.gif

Feb 12, 2004 at 2:43 AM Post #27 of 44
If you're interested in relaxing, spiritual music, I'd like to recommend Faure's Requiem mass on Naxos (ie inexpensive). I had a hard day at work and listening to the choir accompanied by organ has put me into a very calm, relaxed state, my mind focused entirely on the beauty of the voices. Quite nice recording quality too.

Feb 13, 2004 at 9:04 AM Post #28 of 44
i like this thread ... come up with some more stuff fellas ... good stuff...

Feb 13, 2004 at 12:56 PM Post #29 of 44
Some recordings of ethnic bamboo flutes, especially the Chinese flute and the Japanese shakuhachi, are very much in the idea of "spiritual music" -- be sure to get one from a renowned practitioner, as only a master can coax out the many colours of the instruments.

The Shakuhachi disc on the Nonesuch Explorer series is a good introduction -- the pieces are well known, not too heavy, and the playing is very good.

As for Chinese flute music, the label Hugo has a big catalog of these, but I'm not sure about their availability in the west.

Feb 14, 2004 at 1:52 PM Post #30 of 44
Thanks FalconP - I just listen what you recomanded and please post more of that 'couse I realy like it.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back