Need some office IEMs, $100-150
May 13, 2015 at 11:53 PM Post #16 of 45
Don't get the shures if your ears are sensitive to pressure like you said. In fact, they can be pretty bad for your ears as the driver is sealed so that you have a sealed chamber into your ear canal, with no let out for air, which results in fluctuating pressure. Also they are not easy to quickly pop out and in. I can second that the Yamaha eph-100 are a good $100 pair. Great soundstage, respectable overall signature with a good sub-bass

Unless you have ear problems and go very very loud, would that matter? Wouldn't that affect bass quality?

May 13, 2015 at 11:56 PM Post #17 of 45
Go with Shure SE215. If you want to use silicone tips, I suggest the Regular Edition. If you prefer Comply/Olive foam tips, try Special Editions. If based on SQ alone and considering you'll plug it j to your Mac, which to me is on thin side, go for the Regular Edition. It's great bass will do wonders in your Mac.

Re comfort, yeah it's less easy to install and unplug from your ears, but I find this nitpicking. How difficult is it to pull it from your ears?...lol...you just pull the tips, and push up the over-ear cable. That's it. Installing is simply hang the cable over, and then insert...lol

The Shure is the best dynamic driver I've heard. And it sounds the most natural and live sounding. Go for this. You won't be disappointed. Out of the box, it sounds a bit sibilant and edgy though, but 1 week of office use and it reaches its potential (no more edginess and more bass quantity and quality).

Both versions come with foam and silicone tips. It's mostly harder to remove them and put them back in if
1. You are using form tips
2. You are using the stock cable.
They're great, I won't deny, but if OP is sensative to pressure, the se215 are probably one of the worst choices, and they can be fatiguing.

May 14, 2015 at 6:27 AM Post #18 of 45
Both versions come with foam and silicone tips. It's mostly harder to remove them and put them back in if
1. You are using form tips
2. You are using the stock cable.
They're great, I won't deny, but if OP is sensative to pressure, the se215 are probably one of the worst choices, and they can be fatiguing.

Not sure why, but I actually prefer complete seal. I actually look for pressure, and when it's not there it tells me there's a leak and I adjust it.

Is there something to worry about the pressure ear-health-wise?

May 14, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #19 of 45
Pressure bothers my ears, theyre sensative to it plain amd simple. If i recently had an ear infection or cold even open back full sized headphones can start to bother me. Im also looking for some outside noise to come in as it is an office and i need to hesr others a little bit.

May 18, 2015 at 12:25 AM Post #21 of 45
Don't get the shures if your ears are sensitive to pressure like you said. In fact, they can be pretty bad for your ears as the driver is sealed so that you have a sealed chamber into your ear canal, with no let out for air, which results in fluctuating pressure. Also they are not easy to quickly pop out and in. I can second that the Yamaha eph-100 are a good $100 pair. Great soundstage, respectable overall signature with a good sub-bass

They are much inferior to Dunu Titan 1 for almost the same price.

May 18, 2015 at 12:42 AM Post #22 of 45
May 18, 2015 at 12:46 AM Post #24 of 45
May 18, 2015 at 1:02 AM Post #26 of 45
May 18, 2015 at 1:17 AM Post #28 of 45
May 18, 2015 at 1:33 AM Post #29 of 45
Can't be compared to low end IEMs, but high-end IEMs, like the 4 driver Westone W40,and the likes as I did. Titan 1 plays in a different league of what you are talking. No matter the price.

May 18, 2015 at 2:02 AM Post #30 of 45
Can't be compared to low end IEMs, but high-end IEMs, like the 4 driver Westone W40,and the likes as I did. Titan 1 plays in a different league of what you are talking. No matter the price.

I'm not looking at which is better. I just want to know the differencesthat are substantial.l so I could gauge if it's for me to try. I like the Harman curve, which the Dunu Titan have, so I'm interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back