Need some office IEMs, $100-150
May 18, 2015 at 2:33 AM Post #31 of 45
Shure SE215 do not have half the instrument separation of the Titan 1, they sound congested in comparison, do  not have the detail retrieval/micro-detail of the Titan 1, not even close, soundstage is MUCH smaller, mids and treble have no comparison in refinement, clarity, transparency and detail. Titan 1 is much more refined, lush and polite and bass is better. Not just in quantity, but in quality.

You will hear sounds you never heard before with the Titans. Not at all with the SE215 or EPH-100.

Thought that a comparison with a 500€ IEM would be sufficient to answer your question.

May 19, 2015 at 3:11 AM Post #32 of 45
Shure SE215 do not have half the instrument separation of the Titan 1, they sound congested in comparison, do  not have the detail retrieval/micro-detail of the Titan 1, not even close, soundstage is MUCH smaller, mids and treble have no comparison in refinement, clarity, transparency and detail. Titan 1 is much more refined, lush and polite and bass is better. Not just in quantity, but in quality.

You will hear sounds you never heard before with the Titans. Not at all with the SE215 or EPH-100.

Thought that a comparison with a 500€ IEM would be sufficient to answer your question.

Having a brighter IEM/HP doesn't mean more detail, just emphasized treble...lol

May 19, 2015 at 3:25 AM Post #33 of 45
I love the Titans but...

they have big time sound leakage (unless you like to listen at super low volumes) - my wife had kicked me out of the bed room at least twice now. impeccable sound btw.

could I suggest the re400? the are smooth and very clear. Kc06a if you want a nice low end.

May 19, 2015 at 8:19 AM Post #35 of 45
Obviously you have  no idea of what you're talking about. But thanks for the valuable input.

i may somewhat disagree - there's also a degree of resolution, refinement and (micro)detailing. I saw this chart comparing graphs of hf5 vs er4p looking similar but they are far apart with details. a greater example would be the Miles Davis Trumpets vs eph100

edit: the Titans have a fine amount of micro details. lol you're right! I simply argued in that in general bright iems aren't necessarily all micro detailed.

May 19, 2015 at 9:05 AM Post #36 of 45
Obviously you have  no idea of what you're talking about. But thanks for the valuable input.

i may somewhat disagree - there's also a degree of resolution, refinement and (micro)detailing. I saw this chart comparing graphs of hf5 vs er4p looking similar but they are far apart with details. a greater example would be the Miles Davis Trumpets vs eph100

edit: the Titans have a fine amount of micro details. lol you're right! I simply argued in that in general bright iems aren't necessarily all micro detailed.

Mire detail is due to emphasis on certain frequencies AND/OR "cleanliness" or what is commonly called separation. My comment is in relation to the Shure SE215, which is NO WAY lacking in details nor cleanliness/separation. It's treble isn't emphasized though, both objectively and subjectively. The Titans, objectively is bright, treble frequencies never tilting down much, and subjectively its on bright side, so more details...lol

May 19, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #37 of 45
Mire detail is due to emphasis on certain frequencies AND/OR "cleanliness" or what is commonly called separation. My comment is in relation to the Shure SE215, which is NO WAY lacking in details nor cleanliness/separation. It's treble isn't emphasized though, both objectively and subjectively. The Titans, objectively is bright, treble frequencies never tilting down much, and subjectively its on bright side, so more details...lol

This. The se215 have some good detail at their price, they just don't seperate it or focus on it so much.

The EPH100 are not extremely detailed either, yet that have pretty respectable soundstage and separation.

I have not tested the Titan to compare, but I can say that there are many other options that have more detailed highs and lows with better quality than the shures. The shures are a more laid back iem and a fantastic inexpensive choice for people who need to block out a lot of noise like if they were on an airplane. The shures don't go too bright into the highs, and they don't go too deep into the lows, rather leaving a thicker mid-bass. Some people like that kind of signature, though I can say I don't so much, keep in mind that it's to each their own.

May 19, 2015 at 7:59 PM Post #38 of 45

You really have no clue.
deadhorse.gif

May 19, 2015 at 8:09 PM Post #39 of 45
I own a dn2k. if it broke (knock on wood), I wouldn't cry because the Titans really give the upper tier a run for their money! Titan sibilance? nope. at worst there's a possibly with say a bad combo of dap and tips, but they aren't overly bright. everyone knows they are V shaped (vocals are there but dont scream for attention)

May 19, 2015 at 8:11 PM Post #40 of 45
the only objection I have is that my wife hates it when I listen to them in the bedroom - it leaks.

recommended for office? how much do you love your colleagues btw?

May 19, 2015 at 8:20 PM Post #41 of 45
I own a dn2k. if it broke (knock on wood), I wouldn't cry because the Titans really give the upper tier a run for their money! Titan sibilance? nope. at worst there's a possibly with say a bad combo of dap and tips, but they aren't overly bright. everyone knows they are V shaped (vocals are there but dont scream for attention)

Agree on that. They give the upper tiers a run for their money indeed. Never noticed any sign of sibilance too.

the only objection I have is that my wife hates it when I listen to them in the bedroom - it leaks.

recommended for office? how much do you love your colleagues btw?

Agree on that too. lol.

May 19, 2015 at 9:02 PM Post #42 of 45
Love it when salespeople try to convince with general statements.

Could you provide details on what details are lost on the SE215 and suddenly appears on the Titan? What music, what source player and DAC, what amp? You realize the SE215 is a Wall of Famer, while the Titans don't have any substantial review out there...so dude you need to provide details.

If you want to convince, provide details and that of the testing/comparison/shoutout equipment and recordings used. At least this way you'll have some cred. And it's frequency response graph is very bright. Treble almost doesn't tilt down substantially at all up to past 10khz.

I'm really interested in this Titan, but honestly your general statements turned me off really instead of making me push with it. You sound like a common salesperson. I know many salespeople that are competent, and your a shame to them. When a salesperson bash on competition instead of focusing on the strengths of their gear, makes you really wonder how come that salesperson knows the competition much better...lmao

May 19, 2015 at 10:18 PM Post #43 of 45
Resuming and to finalize this conversation, Titan's trump SE215 in every aspect. In everything. Since bass (quality), to mids (cleaner, having a pleasingly rich quality), to treble (more detailed, airier), to separation, to detail-retrieval, to dynamics, to soundstage. Sounds more alive, more "3-dimensional" and exciting, with a superior degree of fidelity across the whole spectrum.

Hope this helps.

May 20, 2015 at 2:01 AM Post #44 of 45
Love it when salespeople try to convince with general statements.

Could you provide details on what details are lost on the SE215 and suddenly appears on the Titan? What music, what source player and DAC, what amp? You realize the SE215 is a Wall of Famer, while the Titans don't have any substantial review out there...so dude you need to provide details.

If you want to convince, provide details and that of the testing/comparison/shoutout equipment and recordings used. At least this way you'll have some cred. And it's frequency response graph is very bright. Treble almost doesn't tilt down substantially at all up to past 10khz.

I'm really interested in this Titan, but honestly your general statements turned me off really instead of making me push with it. You sound like a common salesperson. I know many salespeople that are competent, and your a shame to them. When a salesperson bash on competition instead of focusing on the strengths of their gear, makes you really wonder how come that salesperson knows the competition much better...lmao

I personally don't think I would compare both iems such like  iem F > iem T... I would refer too what others have said and pitch in my own experience. Also: If it is not in the wall of fame don't mean that it's not worthy. I know quite well that an iem like the Miles Davis Trumpets would trump something like the Re-400, but  I don't need someone else's approval to confirm what my ears actually hear. Frequency Graphs as useful as they are, may give people an idea...but there way more details and info that is not taken in account...hence why written reviews are pretty good when considered.

I can have highs that well extended, laid back vs. highs that are up my face. Recordings can be sibilant or some IEMs can extend amazingly well upwards while still be forgiving (my favorite).
I simply want to represent the Titans as a really good deal, and it is more tip dependent than anything else (like the source/dap). I don't pitch it like the other guy, but I prefer to give the best written representation of what I hear. I guess that's the best part about being part of this community, where people way in their experiences...and take it with a grain of salt provided some people like more brightness (I'm more the relaxed smooth listener really)

Dec 7, 2015 at 12:05 AM Post #45 of 45
MEElectronics M6 PROs are very nice despite their budget price of $50, they are also built for monitoring! But you might not like them for being bass shy if you have been using the shure 215s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back