Need some noobhelp on upgrading the Ipod 6G listening experience.
Dec 3, 2008 at 3:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Serafim

New Head-Fier
I have decided to step up a bit. My mission is to upgrade my Ipod Classic 160gb listening experience without digging to deep into my pockets.
I think i might be ordering the UE Triple.fi set, seems balanced.
But my worry is not the IEM`s. But the Ipod Classics Cirrus chip.
I did enjoy the warmth of the 5g better.

So shoot me if im wrong, can i circumvent that somehow? Being a noobie one has to ask, will or can i enjoy the benefits of an external amp? Does this improve the quality and provide some warmth to my listening experience?
After what I understand, can I get a LOD cable to circumvent the 6g`s otherwise dry sound through an amp? Feel free to shoot my ideas down if they are wrong.

Any other advice as to increase my listening experience with the 6G is greatly appreciated.

Audiogeenies, have at it and thanks for the help!

Dec 3, 2008 at 3:16 AM Post #2 of 7
but anyone stepping up would be proclaiming them self to be a god of sorts, damned for all time to listen to Bose for the blasphemy of such self acceptance of that of a god. A rephrase might be in order but it might be interesting to finb out if someone here does think them self a god of any type or manner.

Dec 3, 2008 at 7:29 AM Post #3 of 7
Its just my way of honouring passionate audiophiles who make this forum a treasure chest for good information. Im hereby sacrificing my old porta pros to satan and enter the church of Triple.fi.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 3, 2008 at 7:44 AM Post #5 of 7
You don't have to make another thread. Just go out side to the portable amp sub-forum and double click on the title/link of this thread, than immediately click the stop button on the browser to stop the link from loading. If you do it right, you should see that the title becomes editable.

Dec 3, 2008 at 5:44 PM Post #7 of 7
thats a really open ended question; that might be your problem, its a lot of work to answer all the questions that are included in your post. have you searched the forum already to try and find your answers??

getting an amp with a warmish Sound quality like something from RSA or even the pico will improve the sound with your triples for sure. they dont NEED an amp but if you otherwise like the ipod you have but would just like to livenm it up a bit then yes get an amp and then when they release rockbox for the classic I would install that too for a number of reasons including a fantastic EQ not really my thing but if used judiciously very effective. gapless playback, more support for different codecs. etc etc. as far as cables there are many options available

Users who are viewing this thread

Back