Need some IEM recommendations
Aug 28, 2007 at 10:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

DemonicAngelz

New Head-Fier
I have never been a fan of the UM series because they seemed too analytical for me to listen to comfortably without listening fatigue.

Problem is that my mom did not know this and bought me a pair for my birthday.

So I was wondering if there are better IEMs out there at near the price of UM2s that were.. more listen-able.

I listen to pop and more vocal music. A decent amount of bass would be good.

p.s. If anyone wants to take the UM2s off my hand, they are still shrink wrapped and brand new. Just PM me
wink.gif

Aug 28, 2007 at 10:51 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by eternality.pl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are you talking about westones UM2 being analytical and fatiguing ?? Seriously ?? What other cans do you have ?? Seem like we have 2 different westone um2 sets or maybe different ears
biggrin.gif

Not really analtical but rather the highs are somewhat too sharp
frown.gif

Prefer abit softer.

Aug 28, 2007 at 10:53 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigburger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow your mum went out and bought you a UM2 just like that? Gee she has decent taste (for a mum) and very generous too!

Yes. I do love her
wink.gif

Aug 28, 2007 at 2:09 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by DemonicAngelz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not really analtical but rather the highs are somewhat too sharp
frown.gif

Prefer abit softer.

you sound like someone that would enjoy immensly the shure se530.i love mine derely and would recommend them but you are paying somewhat a fair bit more,all depends on your budget but for those that dont enjoy too sharp highs the se530 may be considered the best iem's available because i find the highs prefect and ultra smooth

Aug 28, 2007 at 3:50 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigburger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow your mum went out and bought you a UM2 just like that? Gee she has decent taste (for a mum) and very generous too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you sound like someone that would enjoy immensly the shure se530.i love mine derely and would recommend them but you are paying somewhat a fair bit more,all depends on your budget but for those that dont enjoy too sharp highs the se530 may be considered the best iem's available because i find the highs prefect and ultra smooth

I was considering the same thing as well.

Aug 28, 2007 at 3:58 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by mamboman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is the difference between E500 and E530? The opinions seems to be mixed and some says it is exactly the same?

the difference is a S and a 30
wink.gif

Vocals on those Shure's will be a little distant but it sounds like everything else you are looking for would be there. You may also consider the UE5 pro. I didn't really care for them but if you are finding the UM2's "analytical" they may fit the bill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back