Need some help for a new UIEM
Dec 17, 2016 at 7:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

DrummerLeo

Sponsor: Unique Melody
Hi Guys,

I'm hunting for a new UIEM which can give me great tight and fast bass hits. By that I mean A LOTTTT bass hits.

Currently I own Earsonic Sem9, I love it so much, but it's just a little bit lack of bass quantity(the quality is awesome, very tight and dynamic) ,it has a great treble and amazing beautiful soundstage which is not huge but very real.

The reason why I want to find an alternative or even a upgrade is that sometimes I need some more bass to play my lovely metal genres. 

Here are some of my targets: JH Roxanne, 1964 U8 or U12, Solar or Galaxy(is Galaxy similar to Sem9?), Noble K10, Campfire Andromeda or Jupiter. Or some better suggestions?

Price range: Around 1k USD.

Really need some help, thanks for everybody's reply. 

Dec 17, 2016 at 9:16 PM Post #3 of 22
Trying to find a bass-head phone in the TOTL range will likely disappoint you. They tend to be very well balanced. Even the colored ones tend to lean closer to neutral than what you're looking for.

I would suggest getting one that is known for having very deep, full bass, and EQing the hell out of them. It might be the only way to achieve the result you seek.

Dec 18, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #6 of 22
I would recommend you look into the AAW W500. I've never heard them personally but people rave non-stop about the bass on those.

EDIT: Oops, forget you said you wanted universals. Hmmmm, are wanting bass emphasis in terms of sound signature or do you just have a minimum bar at which is needs to manage bass for you to be happy?

Dec 19, 2016 at 5:52 AM Post #7 of 22
I would recommend you look into the AAW W500. I've never heard them personally but people rave non-stop about the bass on those.

EDIT: Oops, forget you said you wanted universals. Hmmmm, are wanting bass emphasis in terms of sound signature or do you just have a minimum bar at which is needs to manage bass for you to be happy?

Basically I want a very engaged very energetic sound with some more bass than average. So it could be a bass head sound signature headphone?
Or in other words, I'm looking for a IEM version of LCD3.

Dec 19, 2016 at 6:09 AM Post #10 of 22
U8 has more bass emphasize but the U12 is more balanced. I think U12 is better sounding overall but that's just my opinion. If you strictly just need bass then the U8 will do that for you at a cheaper price.

Dec 19, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #11 of 22
Look into the empire ears line up.

Dec 19, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #12 of 22
U8 has more bass emphasize but the U12 is more balanced. I think U12 is better sounding overall but that's just my opinion. If you strictly just need bass then the U8 will do that for you at a cheaper price.

Yeah, I'm also planning to buy a new car, so lol, I probably will reduce my budget to around 700-800usd, and buy a used gear, currently I'm looking for Roxanne U8 and Campfire Andromedas. But it's hard to find a comparison online.

Dec 19, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #14 of 22
My dream Zeus money is a problem right now.

Other line ups are amazing like the Athena,Hermes and the Spartans. I ordered the athena and also tested there whole line up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back