Need some help finding a portable source
Apr 25, 2012 at 12:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

morph2k4

100+ Head-Fier
I hate to make one of these threads, but I had quite a bit of trouble finding the information I was looking for.  Hopefully someone will be kind enough to help me out.  I'm looking for the following in a portable source:

MUST HAVE:
1.  FLAC support.  I have a large FLAC library, and I'm not willing to convert it.
2.  LOD support.  I'll be using whatever I buy primarily with an iBasso D4.
3.  64gb of storage capacity or better (32gb and a micro sd card slot would be fine too).

I was somewhat surprised that I could not find a device that met these requirements after an hour or so of looking around.  

The best option I was able to find was to buy an old iPod and rock box it, but I really hate the idea of buying a refurbished iPod.  In my experience, iPods fail somewhat frequently, and I don't have high expectations for the lifespan of an older model refurb.  I also LOATHE the iPod wheel interface.

I spent some time looking at the Cowon D3, which is close to perfect but it doesn't do LOD.

Can anyone offer any suggestions that I may not have considered?  Note: the player would be used with shure se530's on the go, and an iBasso D4 + Sony SA5000 when stationary.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Apr 25, 2012 at 4:51 AM Post #3 of 4
That thing looks awesome, but it seems like they are severely back ordered.  Also a bit more than I was hoping to spend.  My budget is flexible, but I'd prefer to stay under 500 if possible.

Apr 25, 2012 at 5:09 AM Post #4 of 4
the old Teclast T51 aka. Nationite S:Flo2 is near your requirements too

- 16 gb onboard flashstorage and support memory card
- individual 3.5mm line out
- support flac

and yes, it`s not expensive , i prefer the line out of telcast T51 than ipod , it`s cleaner

Users who are viewing this thread

Back