Need Some Help Choosing the right IEM
Nov 25, 2008 at 4:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Crodski

New Head-Fier
So i have been lurking through the forum for a while and decided to sign up and post today because i am now ready to purchase some good quality earphones.
I really do not even know where to start, there are a lot of choices. My price range is up to 200$. The majority music genre i listen to is Hip-Hop so i would like some nice defined bass, but i also like to listen to pretty much every other genre as well so clarity is important. I really do want some suggestions to help lead me to the right one.
i seen a lot of talk about the UE Super.fi. 5 but their is also a lot of subcategories, is the extended bass version pretty good?
I was also seeing a lot of talk about the Atrio's, how are these?
I am also open to other suggestions, like i said i just want the bass to be highly defined.

Nov 25, 2008 at 9:26 AM Post #3 of 7
yea i was looking into the klipsh x10 but i really do not know. i am not the most careful person when it comes to these things and i feel i will break them easily.

Can i get some more insight on the atrios as well as those UE Super.fi??

Nov 25, 2008 at 9:53 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crodski /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yea i was looking into the klipsh x10 but i really do not know. i am not the most careful person when it comes to these things and i feel i will break them easily.

Can i get some more insight on the atrios as well as those UE Super.fi??

Atrio M5 = bass monster, lots of bass but has a decent amount of bass quality. Mids a bit recessed. Rather dark.

Superfi 5 = Not much bass, good clarity, spacious and airy

Superfi 5 EB = Like the M5 with less bass quality.

Superfi 5 Pro = more all rounded than the M5 or EB, less bass but still a decent amount of bass. Replaceable cable.

I recommend the X10 over the above 4 too. Nothing can beat it right now if you are looking for a strong bass performer. But if you really don't want the X10 the M5 should be a good choice for hip hop.

Nov 25, 2008 at 11:01 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by scytheavatar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Atrio M5 = bass monster, lots of bass but has a decent amount of bass quality. Mids a bit recessed. Rather dark.

Superfi 5 = Not much bass, good clarity, spacious and airy

Superfi 5 EB = Like the M5 with less bass quality.

Superfi 5 Pro = more all rounded than the M5 or EB, less bass but still a decent amount of bass. Replaceable cable.

I recommend the X10 over the above 4 too. Nothing can beat it right now if you are looking for a strong bass performer. But if you really don't want the X10 the M5 should be a good choice for hip hop.

Thank you. I really appreciate your input and from your quick breakdown, I think i will be purchasing The Superfi 5 Pro because you said it is more over all rounded. Which i realized i want because i already have some pretty bass heavy laden earphones. Now, One last question I was searching for the lowest price on these iem's, and i came to this

Ultimate Ears super.fi 5 Pro, Black FREE SHIPPING. - eBay (item 280283906998 end time Dec-09-08 08:17:22 PST)

i know its ebay and what not, but the add was lit in purple and says Authorized dealer. id this a great price or is it to good to be true?

Nov 25, 2008 at 11:14 AM Post #6 of 7
<<--Look at the left side of the forum, see the section called 'Head-Fi's Sponsors'?
biggrin.gif
Yeah, SoundEarphones is one of our sponsor and an authorized dealer. You can go directly to their webstore instead of eBay.

Nov 25, 2008 at 11:53 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
<<--Look at the left side of the forum, see the section called 'Head-Fi's Sponsors'?
biggrin.gif
Yeah, SoundEarphones is one of our sponsor and an authorized dealer. You can go directly to their webstore instead of eBay.

o wow haha. thanx for pointing that out.
I just purchased The ultimate Ears
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back