Need some headphones advice! (:
Dec 11, 2010 at 6:50 AM Post #16 of 18
 v150? I'm really sorry
frown.gif
. I bought a pair for $5 USD (retail $20 USD) from a discount store and couldn't believe how bad they sounded, considering how they kind of resembled the mdr 7502. I guess I was expecting the v150 -> 7502 to be like the V6 -> 7506. For all it's muddiness, I almost want to say the v150 is a downgrade to stock apple earbuds.

Anyway, compared to the v150, The AKG 518 will make you feel like you turned on the lights in a dark room.

I'd search the forums for amping advice,  but this is another mod:

If the stock pleather earpads give you sweatiness/comfort issue, replace them with more comfortable $15 USD velour earpads. They're for a different model, but they fit just as well.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/352733-REG/Sennheiser_069417_Replacement_Velour_Earpads_for.html

From my experience, velour > pleather for long wearing comfort.

Dec 11, 2010 at 9:45 PM Post #17 of 18
ahaha thanks for the head up on the pads. and yeah, i guess ill look into that. as for amping, i dont think ill need it after looking around on the forums. people usually say its a minimal difference. thanks for all the help.

Dec 14, 2010 at 4:32 AM Post #18 of 18

Quote:
wow, thanks for the update on that. where i live, the metro system in montreal actually isn't too bad. ive been using my sony mdr-v150s and was looking for a serious upgrade. i find those headphones i barely need to up the volume too much. (maybe its cause im too used to taking the bus and metro)

having been on both nyc and montreal trains, i must say, you'd be tempted to wear open headphones if you got off a nyc train and walked across and boarded a montreal train. its that much better :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back