need some budget RCA cables
Jan 12, 2009 at 6:33 AM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Headdie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also need better RCA cables to connect the 8ch analog out of my Oppo player to my HT receiver. It may be a stange question, but having many component cables, could I use them instead of RCA cables? I've tried and it seems to work well. They are of better quality than the RCA cables that I currently have. I wonder if premium RCA cables would be better though...

Yes, you can use component cables for analog sound. Component cables are coaxial in construction and coax is used for audio as well. They may sound either better or worse than your rca's since they're made for video which has different requirements than audio. I believe that better cables will give you better sound, but opinions are divided 50/50 as to whether this is so. I posted a link earlier in this thread. For little money, you could try a step up cable to see if it makes a difference to you.

Jan 12, 2009 at 6:38 AM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by oldskoolboarder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love BJC. The only "negative" is that the RCA connectors are a bit long and the wire is pretty stiff. Solid, quality cables but if you need a lot of bends, it's not the easiest to work with. If you have a shallow rack, you have to account for the added depth.

I've used BJC for my HT system and stereo, tube setup and I'm happy

BJC does, indeed, offer some of the best value cables around. I'd recommend them to anyone on a budget. I've been to their production facility. They use good termination equipment. They are a good starting point, especially if you need a custom length.

Jan 12, 2009 at 8:10 AM Post #19 of 22
You know it is funny. I have tried pure silver cables and things like bells sound 3d and are right out in the middle of the air, but no bass or even detail of bass. I think the people who get into pure silver are using subs and have alot of tone processes going on. I will try Kimber PBJ also Hero soon. Right now Monster Cables are really fantastic as being all around ballanced in sound and about $20.oo each.

Jan 14, 2009 at 4:55 AM Post #20 of 22
Signal Cable
Blue Jeans Cable
Audioquest

All good cables. Im sure at that price level youd be happy with any of them.

Jan 15, 2009 at 12:44 PM Post #22 of 22
Monoprice
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back