Need some advice for some new headphones...
Nov 23, 2006 at 8:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

bahamut727

Head-Fier
I am looking for a new pair of headphones to replace my broken AKG k271S.

I will be using them for 2 main purposes. To listen to music (sometimes from my iPod and sometimes from my home system) and for video recording to test my boom microphone. I definately want closed phones with good isolation. Also, a coiled cord would be nice (but not a necessity). I listen to all types of music, so they should handle well with all types, but I think i listen to more electronic than anything else, so maybe something that is geared toward that kind of music a little. Bass is important, cant stand muddy bass. Also sibilance tends to annoy me (escessive esss sounds).

Can anyone think of a good pair of headphones that fits the bill? Price doesnt matter too much, but obviously cheaper is better. Thinking of spending 350 or under, but might consider something higher if Im convinced that it is what I want.

Also, what do you think of in-ear earbuds? I saw some shure e3gs online for 170 bucks from Digital Foto discount club. That is a great price. Does anyone have any experience with them? Do you think those headphones would be a good choice?

Nov 24, 2006 at 1:32 AM Post #3 of 9
i think SR325 is a good choice for you...and in-ear earbuds is a good choice too,i love it's pure sound..
etysmile.gif

Nov 24, 2006 at 2:45 AM Post #5 of 9
i tried to fix the K271S.... i got a new cord for it and resoldered the wires... nothing helped, my left channel is still dead...

if you have any other ideas of what I could do I might as well try but i think its a lost cause.

I am not amping. I am plugged directly into the iPod, though i may get an amp in the future.

Nov 24, 2006 at 3:07 AM Post #6 of 9
A. e3g's are $130US on amazon
e4g's are $170US on amazon
B. get sennheiser HD25-1 brand new for $175Us at www.djmart.com
OR
get them second hand in the for sale forum right here with upgraded pads and cables for $150US. dont let the "used" tag fool you, these cans are absolutely bomb proof! i used to own a pair until they were stolen out of my bag when i went clubbing straight from work one night
mad.gif
i was going to buy these, but im exclusivley looking for IEM so u can have em
wink.gif

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=209941

Nov 24, 2006 at 6:00 AM Post #8 of 9
Been doing a lot of looking around.... what do you guys think of DT 770 PRO? Do you think I would like them given my taste?

Nov 24, 2006 at 12:28 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by bahamut727 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Been doing a lot of looking around.... what do you guys think of DT 770 PRO? Do you think I would like them given my taste?

I think the bass, though plentiful, might not be clear enough for you. Do search on nickchen's comments on the A900 versus the DT770. The new DT770 is supposedly a bit better in this regard, and still in your price range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back