Need some advice for buying my first portable hi-fi player
Dec 31, 2021 at 3:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

striker495

New Head-Fier
hello guys, im fairly new in this world of hi-fi music, i'm looking for a new walkman or a decent portable player,im having troubles looking for something good (beacuse there are so many options out there lol) and a decent price (not more than 350 usd dollars), should i get the a55 and modded it with the mrwalkman custom firmware?, or the stock a 105 sound a lot better?, or maybe there is a good entry music player in aliexpress from fiio that are better thans this 2 options?

Im currently using a tinfi t2+, and sony 100aap, and planning to buy a mee pinnacle p1

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2022 at 8:43 PM Post #2 of 9
Personally, I like the simplicity of the A55 over the A105. A105 runs Android, which is fine, but it saps the battery. I have the ZX507 and I wish it was Sony's OS without Android for the sake of simplicity and battery life.

I don't think anything in FiiO's lower tier is going to sound as good.
Personally, I did the DAP thing for a bit (I'm an iPhone user), but I really prefer using my iPhone with portable DAC/amp (like the Hip DAC).

Jan 7, 2022 at 10:50 PM Post #5 of 9
Don't sleep on the Shanling M2X. Also Hidizs AP80 Pro is great starter DAP.

Jan 15, 2022 at 11:59 PM Post #6 of 9
Thanks guys for the answers, in the end someone offerd me a second hand sony a45 for 90 bucks and i couldnt say no :'D , now that i have some money to spare, any good recommendation of a open or closed headphone that has good vocals( female vocals) and good soundstage for 300 us dollars?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back