Need some advice. Denon AH-D600 or Sennheiser HD558
Oct 13, 2014 at 12:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Yoyi

New Head-Fier
So I dug up a gift card I got a few months ago for Best Buy, I need a new pair of cans so it seemed reasonable to go check some out. I usually buy on amazon but I am sort of tied to BB on this one.

I used up the $300 card and put an extra $100 on top and got myself some Bowers & Wilkins P7s, took them home and tried them for around 6 hours straight, but just could not get comfortable with them on, they kept pinching my ears and giving me a massive headache and for the price tag it ended up not being worth it. So I go to a different best buy to check if they have any different selection and Lo and Behold they have a nice display with quite a few of the headphones I was looking into.

I tried the Momentums but they were just not comfortable enough, too tiny. So I keep looking on the display and tried out the Sennheiser 558s and loved the fit until I got to the D600s, oh my, those things are like fluffy pillows for my ears but the price are quite a bit apart between the two. They are both on sale and quite a nice chunk too. The 558s are $99 on clearance so I ordered them on the spot, they were out of stock so I shipped them to the store and should be getting them on Thursday. The D600s were $219, and now sitting at home I am not sure if I made the right decision.

Anyone around that has tried both of them and can weigh in a bit. I still have about $200 sitting on the gift card from the returned P7s, do you guys think the D600s are a better choice?

Oct 13, 2014 at 1:34 AM Post #2 of 3
  So I dug up a gift card I got a few months ago for Best Buy, I need a new pair of cans so it seemed reasonable to go check some out. I usually buy on amazon but I am sort of tied to BB on this one.
I used up the $300 card and put an extra $100 on top and got myself some Bowers & Wilkins P7s, took them home and tried them for around 6 hours straight, but just could not get comfortable with them on, they kept pinching my ears and giving me a massive headache and for the price tag it ended up not being worth it. So I go to a different best buy to check if they have any different selection and Lo and Behold they have a nice display with quite a few of the headphones I was looking into.
I tried the Momentums but they were just not comfortable enough, too tiny. So I keep looking on the display and tried out the Sennheiser 558s and loved the fit until I got to the D600s, oh my, those things are like fluffy pillows for my ears but the price are quite a bit apart between the two. They are both on sale and quite a nice chunk too. The 558s are $99 on clearance so I ordered them on the spot, they were out of stock so I shipped them to the store and should be getting them on Thursday. The D600s were $219, and now sitting at home I am not sure if I made the right decision.
Anyone around that has tried both of them and can weigh in a bit. I still have about $200 sitting on the gift card from the returned P7s, do you guys think the D600s are a better choice?

I own the HD558s
It might help to know what sources your listing to?
I would guess the Sennheiser HD558 and Denon AH-D600 are very different headphones, I would say you should use both of them.
HD558s are open and make for easy listening, where as I'm assuming the AH-D600 offer a lot more bass.
You could switch headphones depending on your mood.

Oct 13, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #3 of 3

I own the HD558s
It might help to know what sources your listing to?
I would guess the Sennheiser HD558 and Denon AH-D600 are very different headphones, I would say you should use both of them.
HD558s are open and make for easy listening, where as I'm assuming the AH-D600 offer a lot more bass.
You could switch headphones depending on your mood.

Actually went back and grabbed the D600s. The HD558s were way too open for the office. I really liked the sound but everyone else doesn't need to listen in on what I am listening to hehe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back