Need some advice choosing between the RHA MA750i and Bose MIE2i Earphones
May 22, 2014 at 2:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

mfmukhtar786

New Head-Fier
Hello, 

This is my first time purchasing relative decent earphones. I've managed to find these two that I like but am unable to decide between them. I will be mostly using them for everyday use around the house, school, and gym. 

RHA MA750i: http://www.amazon.com/RHA-MA750i-Isolating-Headphone-Microphone/dp/B00ELAM8NC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400783314&sr=8-1&keywords=rha+ma750i

Bose MIE2i: http://www.amazon.com/Bose-627477-0080-Bose%C2%AE-Mobile-Headset/dp/B0043WCH66/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400783353&sr=8-1&keywords=bose+mie2i

Is there anything in particular I should know about these earphones. If it were up to you, which one would you choose? Which one is better overall. Are there other similar sets that I should consider as well?

I appreciate any help on this as I am a total novice when it comes to audio. Thanks!

May 23, 2014 at 4:45 AM Post #2 of 6
Hey mfmukhtar786,

Thanks for considering the MA750i. We think we'd be a bit biased to recommend the MA750i outright, but we do think it's a pretty good headphone, given that it's our flagship product and all!

Hopefully some Head-Fi'ers will drop by and offer some proper advice, but if you need any technical information about the RHA product, just give us a shout!

May 23, 2014 at 5:44 AM Post #3 of 6
while I have not tried the Bose earphones before, I would say the RHA MA750i would be a good choice, it's hard to go wrong with it. Excellent value for money, great sound, good build quality, comes with 3 years warranty as well. I have recommended these earphones to a number of friends, and they have been pleasantly surprised at how good these earphones are...

Jun 19, 2014 at 2:10 PM Post #5 of 6
  Thanks for the helpful input. Now I can't not order the RHA after having experience their personal touch with their customer base first had. Order placed!

Did you end up getting it? I've had mine for about 2 weeks and have been very happy with them so far. The bass is definitely more accentuated than other IEMs I have but it adds a nice fullness to the sounds without much bleed into the midrange. Honestly after having another pair of IEMs (TDK BA200) break on me after a year the 3 year warranty helped sway my decision toward the RHAs. The build quality is also pretty epic, by far the best I've seen on an IEM, particularly at this price point. 

The only issue I've had with these is fit. I have very small ear openings/canals and none of the tips that came with the 'phones worked for me. I ordered some small Comply tips that seem to be working well for me, but they are still just a bit tighter than I'd like. I'm willing to deal with it though since otherwise I'm definitely a fan of the MA750s.

Jun 20, 2014 at 1:44 PM Post #6 of 6
Did you end up getting it? I've had mine for about 2 weeks and have been very happy with them so far. The bass is definitely more accentuated than other IEMs I have but it adds a nice fullness to the sounds without much bleed into the midrange. Honestly after having another pair of IEMs (TDK BA200) break on me after a year the 3 year warranty helped sway my decision toward the RHAs. The build quality is also pretty epic, by far the best I've seen on an IEM, particularly at this price point. 

The only issue I've had with these is fit. I have very small ear openings/canals and none of the tips that came with the 'phones worked for me. I ordered some small Comply tips that seem to be working well for me, but they are still just a bit tighter than I'd like. I'm willing to deal with it though since otherwise I'm definitely a fan of the MA750s.

Yep, got it a couple of weeks ago. I'm loving it. The sound is very good, as is the build quality. I have average ears so no major issues with fit either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back