Need SACD player recommendations
Apr 6, 2012 at 9:57 AM Post #31 of 38
A used Pioneer Elite universal disc player is what I would try to find.

Something like a DV45a, DV59avi, DV79AVi or the like.

The next level, in my opinion, would be a Lexicon player.

Apr 21, 2012 at 3:35 PM Post #33 of 38

Quote:
I'd like to purchase some RCA Living Stereo SACD releases but I have no idea where to find a decent stand alone player.

What are you guys using? Any ideas?

I'd make sure that whatever you purchase has a built-in pure DSD to analog D/A converter. By contrast, many of the universal players convert to PCM as an intermediary.

I use a Marantz SA8003 .... If I was buying today, I would go for their new SA8004 (also known in some countries as the Marantz KI Pearl Lite) which has a network player connection built-in, so you can use the hi-end DAC for playing your computer files too.

http://us.marantz.com/us/products/pages/productdetails.aspx?CatId=HiFiComponents&ProductId=SA8004

P.S. Many of the RCA Living Stereo SACDs are *SUPERB* ... and the Mercury Living Presence SACDs are even better ... pure master tapes direct to DSD ... outstanding sonics. 

Apr 21, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #34 of 38
My 8004 is still for sale. Still gets used every now and then for SACD and DAC comparisons. 

Quote:

Quote:
I'd like to purchase some RCA Living Stereo SACD releases but I have no idea where to find a decent stand alone player.

What are you guys using? Any ideas?

I'd make sure that whatever you purchase has a built-in pure DSD to analog D/A converter. By contrast, many of the universal players convert to PCM as an intermediary.

I use a Marantz SA8003 .... If I was buying today, I would go for their new SA8004 (also known in some countries as the Marantz KI Pearl Lite) which has a network player connection built-in, so you can use the hi-end DAC for playing your computer files too.

http://us.marantz.com/us/products/pages/productdetails.aspx?CatId=HiFiComponents&ProductId=SA8004

P.S. Many of the RCA Living Stereo SACDs are *SUPERB* ... and the Mercury Living Presence SACDs are even better ... pure master tapes direct to DSD ... outstanding sonics. 

Jan 13, 2020 at 4:56 AM Post #35 of 38
I'm looking for a good CD / SACD player that delivers the best possible sound to my headphones (Stax L500 with 007II, Grado GH2 with RA-1). I only listen to the player with headphones. I have no other equipment connected to it, no speakers in the room.
I connect the headphone amplifier via RCA / Chinch.
Which CD or / and SACD player can you recommend me?

I had already selected the following devices: Naim CD5i, Marantz SA8003, Vincent CD2, Yamaha S2700, Reag Apollo. I am currently using the Sony DVP 900S.

Jan 13, 2020 at 1:29 PM Post #36 of 38
Oppo 205

Jan 15, 2020 at 5:43 PM Post #37 of 38
Quote:

The Living Stereo and Living Presence SACD's are for the most part 3 channel recordings, I enjoy them in 3 channel from my OPPO.

Nov 7, 2020 at 3:33 PM Post #38 of 38
This thread's last posting was at the beginning of 2020. Pre-Covid pandemic. What did users eventually end up buying? I want to know if it's worth holding out for Schiit Audio's transport (ETA... soon... or sometime in the next 1-4 years?!). :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back