Need Recommendations
Nov 25, 2007 at 6:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

kevg73

100+ Head-Fier
I need recommendations for a new set of cans. the problem i am having in deciding on a pair is I listen to a large variety of music. the main genres i listen to are alt, rap, classical, rock, and also some reggae and some soul. I really want some cans that excel in rock and alt but they still have to perform well for rap at least. this wouldn't be that much of a problem but I have a budget of about $150... $200 absolute max, but they have to be amazing for me to spend $200. What are the best cans for me in that price range? and they need to be comfortable

Nov 25, 2007 at 6:41 PM Post #3 of 12
no i dont need isolation. i think i would actually prefer open cans, unless those beyers are better than the open cans in the same price range. but i really need all around headphones, from what i've heard those beyers are great with rap and gaming and such but not so great for most other music. any other recommendations?

Nov 25, 2007 at 7:25 PM Post #4 of 12
Goldring "Doc" DR150 will suit your bill fine:

1. Top of the line model for under $150
2. Gradoish sound with more bass and soundstage
3. Circum aurial comfort and open
4. Detachable OED cable

Headphones
Goldring Dr 150 headphones review

Nov 25, 2007 at 7:32 PM Post #5 of 12
yeah ive been looking into a pair of those, im just having a hard time finding a decent deal on them somewhere in the US.

Nov 25, 2007 at 7:39 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by kevg73 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah ive been looking into a pair of those, im just having a hard time finding a decent deal on them somewhere in the US.

DXC has been on eBay selling them, last I bidded on was a pair of store returns for $73, but they sell new also:

Amazon.com: Used and New: Goldring Dr-150 Stereo Headphones

Nov 25, 2007 at 10:18 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DXC has been on eBay selling them, last I bidded on was a pair of store returns for $73, but they sell new also:

Amazon.com: Used and New: Goldring Dr-150 Stereo Headphones

there are none for sale on that page... will they be selling again? i tried bidding on that pair on ebay also... i bid like $10 over the current bid w/ less than 3 seconds less and still lost by like $8

about the grado's... i need the phones to be comfortable, ive never heard anything good about grado comfort, except on the gs1000

Nov 26, 2007 at 1:24 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

there are none for sale on that page... will they be selling again? i tried bidding on that pair on ebay also... i bid like $10 over the current bid w/ less than 3 seconds less and still lost by like $8

about the grado's... i need the phones to be comfortable, ive never heard anything good about grado comfort, except on the gs1000

Wow that was fast, they had them like a couple minutes ago for $120 and $5.96 shipping to anywhere in the US. In Canada they were going from anywhere from $215 to $180 a pair, I was lucky enough to find one pair locally for $150cad.

Here DXC has them for only $109.99: Headphones - Full Size Headphones

Nov 26, 2007 at 2:13 AM Post #10 of 12
wow thats a great deal.

when you say "they had them for $120" who are 'they'?

and b stock just means like someone sent them back but they work perfectly right?

Nov 26, 2007 at 7:23 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

wow thats a great deal.

when you say "they had them for $120" who are 'they'?

and b stock just means like someone sent them back but they work perfectly right?

It says either store returns or demo units.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back