Need recommendations! Closed back headphones for electronic music
Jun 27, 2013 at 9:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

orphodoop

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for a suggestion on a new pair of closed back headphones. Let me desribe the situation. I had ATH-M50s. The left speaker stopped working on me and I'm trying to decide what to do about it. When using full-size head-phones, I listen mostly to electronic music (dance, progressive house, dubstep). I loved my M50s for this type of music; I'm just wondering if there's something more suited for this stuff. If I could have vhanged anything, I would have wanted the M50s to play louder out of my iPhone. Possibly slightly more bass but this wasn't that big of a deal. Budget - $200, but I can go higher if there's "the perfect pair". Source - iPhone, laptop Isolation requirements - decent isolation Tonal balance - balanced. Crisp highs and mids, good bass. Music Preferences - Progressive house, dance, dubstep. Some hip-hop Is there anything out there in around my budget better than M50s for my type of music?

Jun 27, 2013 at 9:59 AM Post #2 of 3
If you want anything that play louder, you should get a portable amp. Could look into beyer COP.

Also, you should post in the recommendations section...

Jun 27, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #3 of 3
Yes I think the Custom One Pro would be good OR

The Ultrasone Pro 750 - for me the absolutely perfect pair for Electronic music.

Cheers,
K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back