Need recommendation to stream bit-perfect music
May 2, 2020 at 7:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

dakchi

500+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I have a Synology NAS where I stored all my digital music. I am currently streaming my music through USB output directly to my amp DAC and using Synology app (Audio Station) to control everything. I have been told that the USB output of Synology is not bit perfect. Therefore, I am looking for a solution to have bit-perfect audio streamed from my NAS into my amp: one option is that I buy a streamer (Bluesound node for example) that I will add to my system between my NAS and the amp. If I play my music with the bluesound through Ethernet, will this be a bit-perfect solution? I can even add a good DAC between the streamer and the amp, but if my system is not bit-perfect from the source, it will not make a difference

Thank you in advance for your replies

May 2, 2020 at 8:58 PM Post #2 of 6
You may have better luck brows through the Computer sub-forum, there are several options for stream audio within those discussions.

May 2, 2020 at 9:27 PM Post #3 of 6
Hi,

I have a Synology NAS where I stored all my digital music. I am currently streaming my music through USB output directly to my amp DAC and using Synology app (Audio Station) to control everything. I have been told that the USB output of Synology is not bit perfect. Therefore, I am looking for a solution to have bit-perfect audio streamed from my NAS into my amp: one option is that I buy a streamer (Bluesound node for example) that I will add to my system between my NAS and the amp. If I play my music with the bluesound through Ethernet, will this be a bit-perfect solution? I can even add a good DAC between the streamer and the amp, but if my system is not bit-perfect from the source, it will not make a difference

Try a Raspberry Pi with a digital HAT. You can use software such as MoOde or Volumio to feed into your DAC. Digital HAT such as hifiberry digi+ or Allo USBridge, or Just bloom digi+.

May 3, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #4 of 6
Hi,

The bluesound can play music over samba. It will be bit-perfect. For the price I think bluesound is a good deal and the software is much better than average.

May 7, 2020 at 2:55 AM Post #5 of 6
I just got a Node 2i a few weeks ago and it does bit-perfect over ethernet or wifi. The BluOS app even does gapless from my Synology NAS FLAC library, which was the big draw for me. I kinda love it. Bluetooth audio quality is pretty decent too for not being LDAC.

Fwiw, I have the coax out from the Node 2i > Airist RDAC > Denon HT receiver and that set-up can handle anything in my library minus a few DSD albums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back