Need recommendation for work headphones
Jan 18, 2018 at 1:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

dbe4876

New Head-Fier
Hi. I am using a Shanling m2s player for my FLAC music files. I'd like to find reasonably priced over-ear headphones I can use while at work. Bluetooth with Aptx would be preferable. Probably an open design to better hear background talk of co-workers. Needs to perform well at low volumes. Any thoughts?

Jan 18, 2018 at 6:09 PM Post #4 of 5
I quite enjoyed my V-Moda Crossfades while I had them, and a few people I work with use them as well. However, I do know some people who find them uncomfortable due to they way they kind of "clamp" your head. Also, if you really enjoy the SR60 sound, I would try to demo a pair first, as the v-moda has a much warmer sound, and much more pronounced bass response - very different sound profile from just about any Grado.

Jan 18, 2018 at 8:40 PM Post #5 of 5
Hey, I picked up the FiiO A3 amp to pair with my Shanling m2s player. Trying it the first time tonight. It's a nice change, definitely more substance and better reproduction of lower frequencies. Still, I noticed the output is 270 mW at 32ohm. Whereas the FiiO A5 is 800 mW at 32ohm! I'm thinking of upgrading to that. Won't it bring substantially more substance than the A3? I'll be able to listen without pushing the amp nearly as much. I'm already at almost #8 on the A3, with my m2s set to 90 on the volume. Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back