Need recommendation for Best IEM under $200
Aug 18, 2016 at 1:34 AM Post #16 of 20
  get T5 if you want more bass.
get T3 if you want more midrange.
T3 is slightly better in overall sound quality though. bass is very detailed and fast, but not emphasized. Midrange is forward, clear and a bit warm wrapped in smoothness. very magical . female vocals sound sublime on these.
Treble is highly extended yet smooth. The soundstage is above average for an IEM.
 I own both. I prefer T3 for its sheer midrange performance. it has a rare analytical sound that sounds very musical and not dry. it has one of the best vocals at any price/tier.
Compared to T3 -
T5 is warm and bassy . The bass is big and thick, but a bit loose. The midrange takes the back seat, but is more lush and sweeter. The treble is almost similar. The soundstage is a bit bigger.
pick one according to your preference.

this sounds like something I'm interested in. One question, what are these iems. I've never heard of a T3 and T5. Are these Dunus? 

Mar 21, 2017 at 9:57 PM Post #18 of 20
Not crazy about these IEMs. Bass is kinda muddy - not the defined sound I was hoping for. I had to EQu the heck out of it. However if your not too fussy they're decent
quote name="sup27606" url="/t/813221/need-recommendation-for-best-iem-under-200#post_12782671"]I am curious about the 1more triple drivers. Heard good things about them, but also read that the treble is smooth, may be too smooth for some. They are available for $80 at Costco.

I use the Etymotic HF5 which are about $100, and are quite satisfied with them, especially with classical music. The bass is adequate, provided the seal is good.

Another option for hybrid driver IEM below $200 could be Dunu DN1000. It has good reviews.

Can anyone make a comparison of the sound between the triple driver and ety HF5?
Thanks.[/quote]

May 3, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #20 of 20
1more QUAD driver IEM is new at $200 and getting great reviews. Tighter bass and slightly more flat than the triples according to the reviews.

I have not heard them myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back