Need recommendation for a new iem
Aug 23, 2017 at 10:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

NKZero

New Head-Fier
Hello all,

My old Soundmagic E10 life has come to and end and I'm searching for a new iem. At first I thought to buy the new version E10C but I think that It'll be a good opportunity to upgrade to a better iem because last year I bought a xDuoo X3 and I think I can get a better sound with other iems.

I'm using the iems at office, public transport, and home. I loved the warm of E10 so It'll be good to continue with a warm one.

My budget is around 100$ and I'm not searching for any concrete brand (if there's a chinese one with good buid and sound It'll be wellcome also).

The models I've been checking last days are:
1More Triple Driver, **** XBA 6in1, Beyerdynamic Byron, Soundmagic E50C, FiiO EX1 2nd, Sennheiser Momentum IEG & Sennheiser CX5.00G.

Could you help me a bit?

Thanks for your help!
NK.

Aug 23, 2017 at 4:10 PM Post #2 of 13
Hi,

I don't have a lot of experience with lots of different IEMs but I have just recent bought the lovely Trinity Audio Icarus III IEMs and they sound amazing, they come with lots of different filters to customise the sound profile to your tastes, they are what I would call a warm sounding set, lively, fun to listen to and a nice clear sound on all levels.

They retail for £235 (GBP) they are a UK company but with a discount code can be had for £75 + shipping, which is around $100 shipped.

Just me 2 cents worth :)

Aug 23, 2017 at 5:05 PM Post #4 of 13
PM sent :)

Aug 23, 2017 at 6:25 PM Post #6 of 13
Thank you! I'll take a deep look at them but for 80pounds I think they're great!
Do they need an amp? Because right now I'm not using one.

I'm currently using my LG V20 smartphone, and very handily using the Icarus III's it goes into high impedance mode which is nicely amped, though it does have more juice than was needed, so I'd imagine you'll be fine on a normal DAP.

I'll be using my new Shanling M2s over the next few days unamped so I'll have a better idea but I do plan to get a FiiO A5 Portable AMP in the next week if possible :)

Aug 26, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #11 of 13
There's a new code that makes them £89 + delivery, had an email the other day if you want it?

Aug 26, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #13 of 13
Sent :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back