Need RCA Interconnects Recommendation
Jul 12, 2006 at 8:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Daryn Alexander

100+ Head-Fier
Well, I thought since I am in the process of getting a nice setup together, I might need to go beyond Walmart to find some interconnects. What I’m looking for is a good set of RCA to RCA interconnects that are flexible, sound clean, and come in various lenghts so I can use my Corda Cross. I don’t want to break the bank, but anything less than $100 a foot is reasonable. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Daryn

Jul 12, 2006 at 9:22 PM Post #2 of 17
It really comes down to system synergy and your sound preferences. Some common suggestions are going to be Bluejeans Cable (Belden 1505F) and Grover's latest incarnation. I'd also recommend looking into Chord cables, especially if you're using a British CD player.

Jul 12, 2006 at 11:33 PM Post #4 of 17
I'm a huge fan of Signalcable.com. Frank makes pretty nice cables at down to earth prices. He's got 3 different offerings, his most expensive being silver and starting at $99 for 3 feet. The other two are made from copper, and range from $36 to $50 for 3 feet.

Jul 12, 2006 at 11:49 PM Post #5 of 17
I think that for the money you can not go wrong with Blue Jean Cable offerings. For example for about $26 you get a pair of 3 foot IC terminated in rca's.
biggrin.gif

Jul 13, 2006 at 2:42 AM Post #6 of 17
I'll chip in with the Aural Thrills Black Axiom, a $300 cable currently going for around $25 on eBay.

Jul 13, 2006 at 4:27 AM Post #7 of 17
I second Signal Cable. My system is now completely Signal Cabled at every stage and I'm very satisfied with the results. Very good cables at an even better price. The silver cables are THE cheapest silver cables I've seen anywhere, but all the reviews I've read say it ranks right up there with cables even 10 times the price. The copper cables are very good too, a huge jump over the basic ones I was using before.

And it's an honest business too, probably the biggest reason I settled with it. If you read the story of Frank (the owner) you'll come across his history of being fed up with snake-oil cables and how he started up Signal Cable so he could offer cables that are high quality and don't cost an obscene amount either. Gotta love a mantra like that.

Jul 13, 2006 at 1:40 PM Post #8 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr
My system is now completely Signal Cabled at every stage...

Oh you're the man
tongue.gif
I'm actually in the process of doing that myself, as you probably could have guessed.

Jul 13, 2006 at 3:52 PM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo
I think that for the money you can not go wrong with Blue Jean Cable offerings. For example for about $26 you get a pair of 3 foot IC terminated in rca's.
biggrin.gif

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Jul 14, 2006 at 12:49 AM Post #10 of 17
And whatever you do, don't buy Monster Cables!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
Oh you're the man
tongue.gif
I'm actually in the process of doing that myself, as you probably could have guessed.

Heh, I've given Frank some great business in the process.
wink.gif
I even bought some cables I don't actually need right now but will fall into place once I have the AE-1, the amp of my inner-most desires....

Jul 14, 2006 at 12:59 AM Post #11 of 17
Kurt & Alan @ Blue Jeans are nice people to deal with. Prompt replies to email, and the custom Belden/Canare cables are great performers at a stellar price. You also get a no-hassle return, but it's unlikely that you'll return them anyhow.
rs1smile.gif

Jul 14, 2006 at 1:25 AM Post #13 of 17
I bought some one meter pure silver ICs on a bulk deal.

They are great - detailed and more clarity than anything less than $90 a pair.

New, never used for $40 a set including paypal and shipping to lower 48.

SilverCable.jpg

Jul 14, 2006 at 2:36 AM Post #14 of 17
Blue Jeans Cables....

Jul 14, 2006 at 2:22 PM Post #15 of 17
I once bought a DVI to HDMI cable from Bluejeans only to find out that the cable company had disabled the DVI output on the box. Bluejeans very graciously took the cable back and gave me a refund. They're great folks to deal with and you'd have to spend a lot more money to beat the sound that their Belden/Canare RCAs offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back