Need precise measurements for Sennheiser connector
Oct 8, 2007 at 2:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

m1ck3y

New Head-Fier
Hi, if you have a Sennheiser cable (genuine or replacement) or could you please post pins length, diameter, space between the pins and plastic part dimensions?

Oct 8, 2007 at 5:26 PM Post #2 of 18
sennconnectorwithinfojpib3.jpg

This is my old stock HD580 cable and I didn't measure the spacing between the pins since they were cockeyed as you can see. However, my HD650 cable has perfectly parallel pins and the spacing seems to be 3.50mm (0.138").

Oct 9, 2007 at 12:39 AM Post #4 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by mb3k /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The inside spacing between my HD650 pins is exactly 2.00mm, which differs from your 3.50mm

Maybe he measures from the outside?

Oct 9, 2007 at 2:55 AM Post #5 of 18
Since the two pins are different diameters, I measured them center to center (tip to tip) which is where I got 3.50mm. In between the pins measures 2.02mm on my cable (with my not-so-great calipers).

Oct 9, 2007 at 12:08 PM Post #6 of 18
I'm getting ready to make a cable for the HD 25-1 II. Is this the same connector? Can you buy these plugs? thanks
James

Oct 9, 2007 at 10:22 PM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by m1ck3y /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow it's a tiny plug! what is the pin length from plastic to the tip?

They measured about 4.10mm tall on both my cables.

FYI I saw yesterday that another head-fier found some Sennheiser-type plugs here. This is the first place I've ever seen that sells something like this so I'm going to order a few pairs to try them out.

Edit: Found it:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tbln /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For those that might be interested, it appears that Jaben has managed to find some Senn connectors for DIY work.

http://jaben.wordpress.com/2007/08/2...ing-your-senn/

Oct 9, 2007 at 11:39 PM Post #9 of 18
Finally! Please let us know how it turns out. If these work well, it would make building replacement cables much easier and would probably be much sturdier than tearing apart the stock connectors.

Oct 10, 2007 at 1:20 AM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Finally! Please let us know how it turns out. If these work well, it would make building replacement cables much easier and would probably be much sturdier than tearing apart the stock connectors.

I just fired off an email to them to check on availability. I'll definitely report back on how this all turns out.

Oct 10, 2007 at 4:15 AM Post #11 of 18
I have seen Cardas prototype Senn connectors.

Hopefully they will soon be in production.

Oct 10, 2007 at 8:15 PM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by soloz2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I already inquired about those Senn connectors. They're $75 a pair. Now I just need to drum up some money to try them out.

Jeese!!!! Thats a bit steep, don't you think? I know its a bit messier, but I'd rather pay $17 for a replacement HD650 cable and just use those connectors. The whole point of making your own is that it's cheaper than buying a commercial aftermarket cable.

Oct 10, 2007 at 8:19 PM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by bperboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jeese!!!! Thats a bit steep, don't you think? I know its a bit messier, but I'd rather pay $17 for a replacement HD650 cable and just use those connectors. The whole point of making your own is that it's cheaper than buying a commercial aftermarket cable.

Definitely expensive!

As for reasons behind building your own, maybe you want to use a wire that's better than "commercial aftermarket" cables use
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back