Need Portable CD Player with great SQ! Recommendations?
Jun 11, 2006 at 5:29 AM Post #16 of 31
There's a great D-303 for sale right now
tongue.gif
(just look at Duncan's review of it) and a D-EJ2000 if you're looking for something more portable.

Jun 11, 2006 at 7:17 AM Post #17 of 31
Don't mean to hijack the thread, and propably it's a useless post, but I'm about to receive a Sony D-465. I've read a lot of good things about this player, especially about the anti-skip, though also negative comments, also on the anti-skip (some units even stopped working). Quick question: I'm owning an Awai (Sony) XP-ZV551 (recent PCDP) right now. Sound is very good actually (although it's getting kicked in the ass by my Marantz home CDP). Will I hear any difference in SQ compared to my Awai? Using Porta Pro by the way, and my little portable amp. Great combo/trio actually!

Aug 3, 2006 at 9:50 AM Post #20 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by 69CamaroSS396
I have several "Made in Japan" Sonys from the early '90s that sound great. All have line outs. My favorite is a D-33 with Dual D/A converters.

The D-33 is also my personal favorite. Nice sound from a PCDP, relaxed highs and excellent bass.

Aug 3, 2006 at 1:49 PM Post #21 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Nine
[size=small]The Sony D-NE10 can be had for $99 new online. It's an excellent player and would meet all your needs.[/size]

Where?

Aug 3, 2006 at 7:10 PM Post #22 of 31
I found one seller on Amazon that had several.This was sometime back. The price was a little more than 99 bucks but he had bad feedback so i declined to order.

I'm also wondering who else has it at that price ?

Aug 3, 2006 at 9:04 PM Post #23 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by twc5964
I found one seller on Amazon that had several.This was sometime back. The price was a little more than 99 bucks but he had bad feedback so i declined to order....

I don't think that counts...

Aug 8, 2006 at 12:48 AM Post #24 of 31
Madmax7,dont know if you bought a pcdp yet but I can only echo what Jagorev has said about the DNE 920.I finally received mine and I'm very happy with it:

Comes in a box(no blister pack):
1. base station for hooking up unit to charge gumstick
2.ac adapter
3.gumstick battery
4.--another adapter to use it with one double "a" battery and/or to supplement the power along with the gumstick or to use as an ac connection.

5.Earbuds
6.slim lighted remote
7.bag
8.parametric eq(soft,active,heavy,custom)
9.clear base(3 settings)
10.Line-out(via menu for setting)
11.Sonic Stage software
12.Optical out

And great sound with or without an amp ! Paid $86 + shipping from Newegg.Much better sound(digital) compared to my DNE 320 I bought a month ago that has about 1 hour of use.

Aug 9, 2006 at 3:23 AM Post #28 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by twc5964
The dne330 has a more flat sound where the dne920 has better resolution due to the digital amp.

EDITED out my incorrect comment.

Aug 9, 2006 at 8:33 AM Post #29 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by jagorev
The D-NE920 has both a line-out and an optical out. It can also run on AC power, and has incredible battery life.

This is a total newb question but, what is an optical out?

Aug 9, 2006 at 1:40 PM Post #30 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by grenert
I think they both have digital amps, as does the D-NF430.

Hmmm....I wonder why they dont advertise it having a digital amp on the dne 330. I dont think it does,however,I could be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back