Need Outdoor Speakers for Around Hottub
Nov 21, 2011 at 9:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Pm@c

500+ Head-Fier
Its that time of the year again, time to spend tons of money.

Anyways... my siblings and I bought our father a hot tub for fathers day, and hes really taken to it. He has built a little sort of enclosed space around it so that he can enjoy it in the winter time. I know he likes to chill out there and listen to tunes too, so we thought some outdoor speakers would be nice.

Our budget would be $100-$150. I dont need anything that sounds fantastic, just something I know will be durable and can withstand some steam and snow (they will probably be mounted 4-5 feet above the hottub, but there is a roof overtop about 10 feet) and the one side is exposed so if the snow blows the wrong way, it will be blowing into the hottub area.

We are thinking of getting some sort of curtain in the winter to keep the snow out (cant have it piling on the lid anyways), but I just need to get some decent speakers that I can mount out there so he can really enjoy his tunes.

Only need 2 speakers really.

Then next I gotta figure out a source. Is there a small little box I can run the speakers to inside and then have those attach to an mp3 player or even a radio of some sort?

Any help appreciated.

Nov 26, 2011 at 11:25 AM Post #3 of 5
Nov 26, 2011 at 12:21 PM Post #5 of 5
Last Spring I bought the Yamaha NS-AW350W that is in fatcat's link (#6) for my pool deck. For the $75 I paid they sound fine. I recommend getting the largest possible for better bass response but don't expect much being outside.

This is what they look like:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back