Need new xbox 360 headset (turtle beach dx12 vs dxl1 vs x41)
Jul 13, 2012 at 3:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

csice

New Head-Fier
It seems like these: turtle beach dx12 vs dxl1 vs x41 are the best to choose from when it comes to simple gaming headsets for the 360 for under $150. I would prefer wireless as I don't want to be connected to the xbox, but I am trying to be open. As far as I can tell the 41's are wireless and the other two just use different headphones, but I'm not sure what all the differences are. Anyways, do any of you have any suggestions? Despite all my research, I'm kind of lost. Thanks a bunch.

Jul 13, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #2 of 3
Also, I wanted to ask about the sensitivity of the mic. I ask because I have had the x1 and x11 and they are both way too sensitive, with the x11 being way worse. People can literally hear a train whistle go by with my windows closed, and I'm not particularly close to a train.

Jul 13, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #3 of 3
In general, specialized "gaming" headsets are junk when compared to other headphones. I'd recommend getting a pair of well-regarded, open headphones for gaming such as the Audio-Technica ATH-AD700, and a simply Zalman mic to go with.

Also, check out this huge guide, written by one of our top-ranking members, about the topic of headphone gaming and what set is right for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back