Need new headphones, suggestions??
Nov 27, 2003 at 10:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

mtbiac

100+ Head-Fier
My HD-280s aren't cutting it anymore and i'm looking to upgrade to something a bit nicer. I dont want to spend more than ~$150 or so. I want something that is somewhat easy to drive because I will take them on the road with me and use with my Zen Xtra (although I do have a cmoy but I dunno if i'll bring that with me all the time)So far I'm considering the HD590 but don't know what else I should be considering.

Any suggestions?? I listen mostly to rock, punk, alittle rap, alittle classical/jazz music.

thanks

Nov 27, 2003 at 11:13 PM Post #3 of 9
Another vote for Etys. Though your Cmoy will handle Senn HD 580's nicely.
280smile.gif

Nov 28, 2003 at 12:22 AM Post #4 of 9
funny you guys should say that. My ER-4Ps should be here tomorrow

I was figuring that something like the HD590 would have better sound quality, more bass, be alittle more comfortable? maybe i'm highly underestimating the 4Ps??

thanks

Nov 28, 2003 at 12:26 AM Post #5 of 9
IMO, you are underestimating the Ety's. To me, they have been peerless in detail, and my 4s's have terrific bass (not roomshaking, but very accurate) whether driven by my PCDP or a fixup mini.

Definitely WAIT until you have tried your Ety's. You may fall in love with them, as I have, or you may be unable to wear them due to comfort. Only time will tell.

If you want closed supra aural or circum-aural phones, try either the Beryer DT250s or the Sony CD1700s. I definitely recommend the 1700s, since I have a pair, and the DT250s are well respected here as well

gluck

Nov 28, 2003 at 12:33 AM Post #6 of 9
yeah I'll definately wait until I try the Etys. I dont necessarily want a closed headphone system, just the best for around $150. And I'll also pickup a P to S adapter so I can get that extra bass, other advantages with the ER-4S

thanks again

Nov 28, 2003 at 1:34 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by mtbiac
funny you guys should say that. My ER-4Ps should be here tomorrow

I was figuring that something like the HD590 would have better sound quality, more bass, be alittle more comfortable? maybe i'm highly underestimating the 4Ps??

thanks

As much as I love my 590's the Ety's destroy them for sound quality. The only thing better about the 590's is the visceral bass.

Nov 28, 2003 at 1:43 AM Post #8 of 9
if your er-4p's should be here tomorrow, then you should be a very happy man.

give them time to get used to but if you are like me, then you will almost immediately feel the ety magic.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back