Need new DAP (sub $100)
Sep 3, 2010 at 12:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ThePunisher

New Head-Fier
I've had my 1st gen iPod nano forever now, and I'm really getting tired of it, mainly the fact that its only 2GB  
frown.gif

I would like to get something thats 4GB with expandable (microSD) memory. I looked at some iRivers b/c I heard they were good, but found only touchscreens. I need something more tactile that I will be able to change tracks on without looking. So now I'm looking at the Sansa Fuze + Rockbox.

My main uses will be while I'm on my motorcycle or at the gym, so SQ isn't of highest importance, I just don't want it to sound worse than the iPod or have terrible battery life. All suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

Sep 3, 2010 at 12:49 PM Post #2 of 6
I have a Sansa Fuze 4GB with an SD card in.  I've also Rockboxed it.  It's a wonderful experience for me; really convenient and sounds great.  Highly recommended.

Sep 3, 2010 at 8:01 PM Post #3 of 6
I'd say Sansa Clip+ Rockboxed for sure. For sub $100 the Fuze and Clip+ are your best options. Personally I prefer the Clip+ to the Fuze but that's just me.
Look into them both.

Sep 3, 2010 at 8:25 PM Post #4 of 6

Quote:
I'd say Sansa Clip+ Rockboxed for sure. For sub $100 the Fuze and Clip+ are your best options. Personally I prefer the Clip+ to the Fuze but that's just me.
Look into them both.

It's not just you....I feel the same way, and I have a Fuze and 2 Clip+'s, asides from my Mini. The Fuze has been demoted to podcast/work tunes player.

Sep 3, 2010 at 9:16 PM Post #5 of 6
I have an 8GB Sansa Fuze and I love it. I can definitely recommend it as a great sub-$100 player.

Sep 3, 2010 at 10:45 PM Post #6 of 6
There's really not that many players that are under $100. The first thing that comes to mind is a 8gb sansa fuze or clip+ and then buy a 8gb or 16gb microsdhc and you have a 16 or 24gb player for under $100. Add rockbox to the mix and you have a pretty highly customizable player.

Other options may be the ipod nano. Well I'm not sure about retail prices but I've seen them go for under $100 in the FS forums. Lots of times there are deals in the FS forums for under $100. Cowon D2+ may be an option if you see a deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back